PDA

View Full Version : MEECH has arrived

ZigZag10
06-30-2008, 05:11 PM
Came back into town for hoopfest this past weekend and got the chance to meet meech and have a lengthy conversation with him on music, sports, and his upcoming role for the team among other things...seems like a great kid who is really focused.

ZagAccountant
06-30-2008, 05:34 PM
could you please go a little bit more in depth...thanks!

ZagNative
06-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Welcome, Meech! We can't wait to see you in a Zags uniform in K2!

75Zag
06-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Hope Goodson settles in quickly and enjoys what the Inland Empire has to offer.

Original Poster claims to have had a lengthy discussion with him about music. Like all Texans, I assume Goodson finds it very difficult to choose between the two types of music: Country or Western?

ZigZag10
06-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Goodson said he was very excited to be here and said he is ready for the spotlight in a very confident tone (not to be confused with cocky). When asked if he was upset that jeremy came back he said not at all, he will have a year to learn from him and whenever his time comes he will be ready and surprise a lot of people.

and the conversation about music was all about rap...just to clear the air!

MDABE80
06-30-2008, 09:55 PM
I've heard from 3 separate sources that Demetri is a very good young kid....Raves they were! 1 from a parent whose son is a teamate, 1 from a local heart doc there and another source that he will not disappoint when it comes to him as a player or a citizen. These things matter. Great student there at Klein as well. I'd expect him to really mean it's an opportunity to spend a year learning. I suspect we struck it rich with this one. It's been quite a while since the Zags had a true point guard ( vs a combo).....however we found him, we found a diamond.

dnj116
07-01-2008, 09:03 AM
would you not consider raivio to be a true point guard??

scrabble08
07-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Had to move over for Pargo, as Jeremy is more of a "true-point". Poor passing vision. Derek is the classic 2 guard in a point guard body. Miss that jumper though.

zagfan24
07-01-2008, 09:41 AM
The fact remains that Few has done an excellent job of bringing guys in at just the right time -- Meech can learn from Pargo who learned from Raivio who learned from Stepp, etc.

If Pargo had left I would have been very worried about Meech facing too many minutes early -- or that Bouldin/Gray would have to play out of position.

tyra
07-01-2008, 11:04 AM
My credentials are established as soneone whose predictions don't always come true. OK, maybe not very often at all (Theo Davis was exactly what we needed, Robert Sacre would have a huge impact freshmen year, etc). So I will throw this into the mix: Meech is flat out gonna be key to some great years! My nickname for him? Linch pin.