PDA

View Full Version : A 7'4'' Breakdown of Will Foster

BroncoZAG615
06-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Hey All,

Hope you are all enjoying our correspondants work on The Kennel Report.

We're continuing on with our player breakdowns and have come to the junior class and Mr. Will Foster.

It's time for Will to shine! Hope you all enjoy it.

Leave comments at the bottom of the post if you are so inclined!

thekennelreport.blogspot.com

spudzag
06-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Very even handed and diplomatic. Agree this is a pivotal year for him, but 09-10 has the real promise for him. Right now it's just Foster, Sacre and Poling (coming off RS year). Any '09 bigs signed would frosh, baring a JC arrival. I would love to see Will be successful and wish him the best. It's in his court so to speak.

gufan3434
06-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Will Foster will never be 260 pounds during his time at Gonzaga

Big Wills 275 pounds now.

BroncoZAG615
06-30-2008, 07:00 PM
WOW!

Where do you see that???

gozags.com has him at 225. I'd be shocked if they were 50 lbs off...

But maybe you know better

MississppiZag
06-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Bronco, do you feel like we will see a starting lineup with both Sacre and Heytvelt? I could not tell from the TKR. I too, feel like that would be the best lineup, as far as helping the team as a whole, for this season. It would help Josh and Austin, and would let Will see more minutes. Sacre, Josh, Daye, and Will will be a big frontcourt.

gufan3434
06-30-2008, 08:00 PM
they never updated him on the website. He came in at 225

BroncoZAG615
06-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Bronco, do you feel like we will see a starting lineup with both Sacre and Heytvelt? I could not tell from the TKR. I too, feel like that would be the best lineup, as far as helping the team as a whole, for this season. It would help Josh and Austin, and would let Will see more minutes. Sacre, Josh, Daye, and Will will be a big frontcourt.

To be honest, I have no clue what to expect. I know that a pure center in Sacre and an outstanding power forward in Heytvelt would be the best for the team.

You give me a front line of Daye, Heytvelt, and a capable Sacre, and I will challenge any front line in the nation.

I hope to see this lineup next year, but I remain realistic that Sacre might not come along this year and maybe Few just really loves starting 3 guards, you can't really blame him for wanting to plug Steven in there as well.

gufan...As far as the weight of Will goes, it is really quite irrelevant. What I'm saying is that Foster will never be a big bruiser who is going to dominate guys down low, its just not his body type. It's time for him to use what he has right now so Gonzaga can get some use out of him.

You may be right and he may be 275 but I was just going off what is listed officially.

MississppiZag
07-01-2008, 04:09 AM
If Sacre comes we will have a great lieup as you said, but i am not sure how much of an improvement is a posssibility. Hopefully he comes along, but either he will be a good option for us at the 5 spot, whether off the bench or as a starter.

BroncoZAG615
07-01-2008, 08:47 AM
If Sacre comes we will have a great lieup as you said, but i am not sure how much of an improvement is a posssibility. Hopefully he comes along, but either he will be a good option for us at the 5 spot, whether off the bench or as a starter.

Excellent point, as most of your points are.

The entire interior game for Gonzaga is quite a large ?

My expectations for Josh this year are probably extremely inflated but I expect him to be back to his sophomore year ability (I'm thinking UNC game :))

I'm sure I am just dreaming and am as big of a "polly" as anyone else but I think with him healthy and having a full summer of workouts and getting himself together he should be great.

Sacre is just as big of a question mark. He may be just as important as Josh is to this team. If we can solidify Rob at the center position and Josh at PF, we'll be dangerous just because they are so athletic. If not, we are in large size trouble. If Josh isn't healthy or is mentally "la la" or Rob fails to progress, where do we go? We don't have the energy man in Kuso any more, and we can't throw the experience of Pendo at PF anymore.

We're insanely thin and largely inexperienced...but the "upside" of this situation is enormous. It's like we are playing the stock market, hopefully our risk has equal if not greater reward.

I still think it will all be okay.

zagfan24
07-01-2008, 08:58 AM
It just makes me wish Ira Brown was 6'10" with the same skill set...

SteelCityZag
07-01-2008, 12:08 PM
It just makes me wish Ira Brown was 6'10" with the same skill set...

or even Ira at 6'8".

Rubbadub
07-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Foster better improve fast! I just heard somewhere that JH got the boot.