PDA

View Full Version : Well, foodoo

BobZag
06-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Bak Bak's plane never got off the ground in LA so he had to grab up his bags and go home instead of fly up and attend camp. Bummer. Hopefully he'll visit in August. July will be too busy. I felt there was a strong chance for a verbal here but, alas, typical airlines of today.

Otoh, Josh Smith is at the current team camp with his Kentwood squad. If I were you, I'd stop by Martin Centre and watch him. He is one of the best 2010 bigs in this world. Literally. The camp concludes Wednesday.

Hope y'all stayed cool this weekend.

ZagNative
06-30-2008, 09:31 AM
That's incredible news about Josh! Does the camp run all day, so we can go any time and maybe catch of bit of his play?

:pray:

spudzag
06-30-2008, 09:59 AM
Bak Bak's plane never got off the ground in LA so he had to grab up his bags and go home instead of fly up and attend camp. Bummer. Hopefully he'll visit in August. July will be too busy. I felt there was a strong chance for a verbal here but, alas, typical airlines of today.

:( August it is. Give me a chance to work on developing patience.

BobZag
06-30-2008, 10:34 AM
That's incredible news about Josh! Does the camp run all day, so we can go any time and maybe catch of bit of his play?

:pray:

Yesh.

ZagNative
06-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Yesh.You, shir, are too much. ;)

theothegreat21
06-30-2008, 10:46 AM
FWIW....Josh Smith is the best scoring big man I have ever seen at the high school level. His effort level on defense isnt always there, but if he gets the ball in the post he will score. I was very impressed watching him play

ZagNative
06-30-2008, 12:23 PM
I was amused by this from an e-mail I received this morning from my sister who lives in the Gonzaga district, speaking of the kids at the camp:

Yesterday, it was just too darned hot to walk to Mass at 11:00 and then walk back in the sun at 12:00 or 12:30, so I didn't go to Mass. I decided I'd go at 7:30 instead.

It was still really hot at 7:00, but there was more shade. Anyway, I did see a lot of gangly young guys with big feet and with out-of-town names names of their basketball jerseys. I wonder if Josh Smith was among them.

It was quite comfortable when I walked home at 8:30. No more gangly young guys. Too bad, as I always enjoy seeing them.

So, sis, did anyone look like this? About 6'9", 280#? You know, your typical high school sophomore, soon to be junior.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Zags/Recruits/2008-02-19JoshSmithKentwoodHS.jpg

It's good to be a Zag fan!

75Zag
06-30-2008, 06:47 PM
do we have any way of knowing whether the Bak Bak "I missed the plane" story is legit, or some sort of polite brush off? As a very frequent flyer up and down the west coast, this seems a bit odd. I have been rescheduled, delayed, and even bumped a few times, but never left "stranded" with no way to get from LA to the northwest. There must be around 30 flights a day (obviously not all to Spokane but connectable).

Inquiring minds want to know.

spudzag
06-30-2008, 06:51 PM
Did Dower arrive?

MississppiZag
06-30-2008, 07:00 PM
Bak Bak news is bad, but like Bob said, he might visit sometime in July. I don't see anyone snatching him up anytime soon, except maybe Oregon State(my opinion), so we are still in the running. I was looking forward to the possible verbal, but we will have to wait til August. Bad luck for us, but i still think we will get him, if he can ever catch a plane:D

Is the camp still going on, and if so wouldn't Dower have already been there with the other participants? Not sure. Who else had plans on attending?

theothegreat21
06-30-2008, 10:10 PM
The plane issue for Bak Bak is very legit....in no way was this a blow off.

Dower arrived and participated in the camp

BobZag
07-01-2008, 08:52 AM
Bak wanted to attend.

Jeff Reid, Andrew Bock, Josh Smith... Were here.

spudzag
07-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Bak wanted to attend.

Jeff Reid, Andrew Bock, Josh Smith... Were here.

Andrew Bock? I think he's a point guard Portland had been after.

Was Kevin Noreen was scheduled for the camp, did he impress? Maybe a commitment in the offing?

BobZag
07-01-2008, 04:16 PM
I have heard Kevin has promise but currently has a ways to go.