PDA

View Full Version : Breaking down Austin Daye

theothegreat21
06-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Check out The Kennel report for our final breakdown of the great sophomore class. Today it is the incredibly talented Austin Daye.

We hope everyone is enjoying these player breakdowns, and we are planning to do the same thing with each team on the schedule once it is announced. As always, comments are appreciated and welcome.

We should have some new stuff coming up on the blog in the next couple of weeks that I am fairly confident everyone will surely enjoy. Be patient though

http://thekennelreport.blogspot.com/

ZaggyStardust
06-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks for another great report! I predict Austin is going to be a STAR this coming season!!!!

He is also the nicest young man. At the banquet, when I told Austin that he was my 77 year old mother's very favorite player, he wrote her a special little note complete with x's and o's!!!!! It hangs prominently on her bulletin board as we speak... He is such a treasure and I am thrilled he is a Zag.

dnj116
06-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Good stuff. Can't wait to see him perform next season. I like how you're going to be doing team evals as well. Whatever i can read during the off season makes it go by a little quicker..

MDABE80
06-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Nice boy.nice pops, nice mom and nice cousin;). Just a great kid. He needs to be an AA this year. He might even stick around.

Radbooks
06-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks for doing these reports, I've really enjoyed them! :)

zagfan24
06-29-2008, 07:27 PM
As said above, thanks for doing these -- very well stated and objective.

I like that you mentioned the fact that Austin will never be beefy -- he only needs to increase his functional strength. The guy is always going to look more like KG than LeBron, but hopefully every announcer on TV this year won't have to go over his need for added strength in detail.

Mostly, I just love players who grew up around basketball like Austin did. You can tell he's not only very intelligent but very well adjusted. I just hope he stays a couple more years...