PDA

View Full Version : OT: NBA winners

BobZag
06-27-2008, 10:59 AM
I really like what Portland has been doing, this draft and past drafts. While I wish they could've found a way to keep Darrell Arthur, you gotta love a lineup of--

Bayless
BRoy
Webster/Outlaw/Batum
Aldridge
Oden (if his knee heals)

I'm not a big fan of Nicolas Batum of France but I am impressed with the Blazers' trades and draft picks, in general.

I think they were big winners last night.

Biggest steal: CDR at #40. Wow. That's highway robbery.

MickMick
06-27-2008, 11:03 AM
I am flabbergasted that DJ Augustine went so high.

zagfan24
06-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Heat fared well, and I really like what the Nets did. I don't know a ton about Ryan Anderson, but CDR will be a very good player in the NBA. I really didn't understand why so many teams passed on him. Did the Bulls really think Sonny Weems would be a better 2 guard?

The one team I really can't understand is Milwaukee - acquiring Richard Jefferson and then drafting two more small forwards...even though I think Alexander will be a quality pro.

BobZag
06-27-2008, 02:30 PM
I forgot about Portland also getting Ike Diogu. If Ike can stay healthy, he has the game that could be Leon Powe-like. A nice backup for Aldridge.

Mario Chalmers was a steal, imo, too.

SDzagster
06-27-2008, 02:59 PM
I also like where Portland is headed.Good young players, good coach and CDR was a steal.
Darrell Arthur ended up on 4 teams in one day - New Orleans, then Portland, then Houston and finally Memphis.

VinnyZag
06-27-2008, 03:48 PM
I don't like Bayless much, but then I'm usually wrong about NBA prospects. Otherwise, the Blazers are doing great. Their GM, Pritchard, and the Sonics' Presti are the Theo Epstein and Billy Beane of the NBA.