PDA

View Full Version : Zags have 4 in 2009 Draft Top 100.

NEZAGFAN
06-27-2008, 10:00 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/rank?draftyear=2009

Austin is currently listed as the sixth rated prospect and Jeremy in the late second round. Josh and Matt are listed fairly low though.

mnzag24
06-27-2008, 10:59 AM
jeremy and josh will both vault up throughout the season, as long as both stay healthy and hungry

where are jeremy, josh, and matt listed? it won't let me see the whole thing

JAGzag
06-27-2008, 11:03 AM
jeremy and josh will both vault up throughout the season, as long as both stay healthy and hungry

2009 NBA Draft:

NAME POS HT WT AGE PROJECTION

Matt Bouldin PG 6-5 210 20 Second round to undrafted
Austin Daye SF 6-10 190 20 Lottery
Micah Downs SF 6-8 180 21 Second round to undrafted
Josh Heytvelt PF 6-11 235 22 Late first to early second
Jeremy Pargo PG 6-2 210 22 Late first to early second

NEZAGFAN
06-27-2008, 02:26 PM

According to the article on ESPN they have Jeremy at Number. 47, Josh at 75, and Matt at 93. Downs is not listed in the ESPN top 100.

sonuvazag
06-27-2008, 02:29 PM
2009 NBA Draft:

NAME POS HT WT AGE PROJECTION

Matt Bouldin PG 6-5 210 20 Second round to undrafted
Austin Daye SF 6-10 190 20 Lottery
Micah Downs SF 6-8 180 21 Second round to undrafted
Josh Heytvelt PF 6-11 235 22 Late first to early second
Jeremy Pargo PG 6-2 210 22 Late first to early second

Print that lineup card.

BobZag
06-27-2008, 02:33 PM
Matt won't be in the draft next year.
Micah will be.

jazzdelmar
06-27-2008, 02:52 PM
utter fantasy........daye maybe 1st rd late........pgo very very late 2nd rd

VinnyZag
06-27-2008, 03:50 PM
lol

welcome back, jazz.

Sarenyon
06-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Good to see that Jazz is back with his non Kool-aid drinking comments.
:D

I have to say, not as high as some say, but deffinitely not as low as what you think Jazz.

oczagfan
06-28-2008, 01:07 PM

Hmmmm .... just wondering what makes this person think they are more of an expert than the pro scouts and general managers that are showing such an interest and salavating at the idea of drafting Austin???

jazzdelmar
06-28-2008, 01:56 PM
Hmmmm .... just wondering what makes this person think they are more of an expert than the pro scouts and general managers that are showing such an interest and salavating at the idea of drafting Austin???

Well, for starters, here's one expert who has Daye at #15....not quite salivating territory....and Pgo very very late 1st rd......27th.......a reach.....

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10879792

oczagfan
06-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Well, for starters, here's one expert who has Daye at #15....not quite salivating territory....and Pgo very very late 1st rd......27th.......a reach.....

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10879792

Gary Parrish is a sports writer and NOT an NBA Scout or a General Manager as was mentioned doing the salivating. I know first hand that those are the people showing true intrest and appreciation for Austin's unique talent. Maybe you don't see it ... fortunately they do.

oczagfan
06-28-2008, 02:32 PM
So many of you are so supportive of the young men on this team and I am certain they appreciate all of your kind words of encouragement. I just don't understand why someone like the person above wants to tear these kids down. Does it empower you to act as though you're an expert when clearly you're not? Why not just be positive like 90% of the true ZAG fans on this board?

jazzdelmar
06-28-2008, 03:08 PM
So many of you are so supportive of the young men on this team and I am certain they appreciate all of your kind words of encouragement. I just don't understand why someone like the person above wants to tear these kids down. Does it empower you to act as though you're an expert when clearly you're not? Why not just be positive like 90% of the true ZAG fans on this board?

This is an opinion oriented board, not a cheerleading camp...Reasonable, often impassioned, but non-salacious and unprofane opinion is the norm here....that is the measure of a true fan.......your estimate that 90% here are always positive is inaccurate, in my view...but that's ur opinion and I respect it......

Here's what u said back in March: "How can you execute in the stretch when your only game plan is a motion offense? Never having any set plays will kill any team (especially against tough competion!!) It's pretty clear this comes down to coaching... or should I say LACK OF !"

Not too positive, is it?

Bighouse Gains
06-28-2008, 03:33 PM
This just confirms the Zags will be in the Final Four this season.

sittingon50
06-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Jazz is a pretty good guy & brings a different perspective to this board. I think it's valuable. Not everyone agrees with him (including myself on some occasions), but so what? He makes a good point; IMO, this should remain an opinion board & not a cheerleading board.

You can do 2 things. Skip over his posts (which I do with a # of people) or totally block him out (my list is up to 7). It's easy.

Just DON'T sweat it.

oczagfan
06-28-2008, 03:37 PM
I guess I put my criticism of an offense and your giddy criticism of a young kid's talent in a completely different category. To me, they don't even compare.

JAGzag
06-28-2008, 05:30 PM
I guess I put my criticism of an offense and your giddy criticism of a young kid's talent in a completely different category. To me, they don't even compare.

Brother (sister?), all the man said was he predicted Daye going late first round ... not exactly a personal insult. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, so long as it's not wrong :) .

jazzdelmar
06-28-2008, 07:12 PM
ur rt, going anywhere in the first rd is awesome....i think our OC friend is more a Daye fan than a Zag fan....he called me out in the fall when i very favorably compared Austin w Barack Obama, physically and as a high potential neophyte on the come....hope AD has as good a yr as BO......

VinnyZag
06-29-2008, 12:09 PM
....hope AD has as good a yr as BO......

This probably wouldn't be Obama's chosen nickname.

KSTATEZAG
06-29-2008, 12:37 PM
This probably wouldn't be Obama's chosen nickname.

Zing!

I missed old Jazz in the last few months.

I rarely post but I just wanted to reinforce that we have high potential to be a draftee laden team. They might not all be first rounders, but they are good regardless.
One thing...Matt is likely not going to be drafted and if he is ,he won't stick.
He has a great feel for the game and is the kind of kid I would want my son to be like (in the character category). In the end, his game doesn't translate that well. I thought at times during his frosh season he had a Deron Williams-esque court vision. Unfortunately, I didn't see as much of this his Soph year.
There's still a lot of time for him to improve his game, so I might still be wrong (lord knows it wouldn't be the first).

jazzdelmar
06-29-2008, 01:22 PM
careful K-State, the pollys are gonna get u for that......but I agree, Matt just isn't gonna get there, but he's an asset to the school...in the Kyle Bankhead kinda way....just classy.....

23dpg
06-29-2008, 02:12 PM

Well, for starters, here's one expert who has Daye at #15..MID FIRST ROUND, NOT LATE..not quite salivating territory....and Pgo very very late 1st rd......27th VERY LATE FIRST ROUND, FAR FROM VERY LATE SECOND ROUND .......a reach.....

Jazz, you are on record. Daye in the late part of the first round, Pargo in the very, very late part of the second round. I hope that you are wrong, but I suspect you hope that you are wrong also.

oczagfan
06-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Brother (sister?), all the man said was he predicted Daye going late first round ... not exactly a personal insult. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, so long as it's not wrong :) .

The man's exact words were "utter fantasy" when the idea of Austin being a lottery pick and Jeremy being a first round pick was raised. Yes I am an Austin fan, but I am also a Jeremy fan. Everyone knows how important it is to Jeremy that he avoids the "late late second round" as Jazz put it. Simply put, I thought his words were poorly chosen and I apologize if my skin is too thin when I feel kids are being unfairly judged on a board. I'm sure everyone's heart is in the right spot and wish the best for these kids. I am a Zag fan more than you know so let's just call a truce and look forward to an incredible season !

Birddog
06-29-2008, 04:40 PM
I guess I put my criticism of an offense and your giddy criticism of a young kid's talent in a completely different category.

I guess I missed it, the giddy criticism that is.

my skin is too thin when I feel kids are being unfairly judged on a board

Being unfairly judged goes both ways. Filling these kids heads with "visions of sugarplums" isn't exactly a good thing either IMO.

75Zag
06-29-2008, 04:55 PM
I would like to see the GU community rally around Austin Daye and do everything possible to support him becoming a high draft pick in the 09 NBA draft. As much as I would like to see his talent available to GU for 3 or 4 years, when a super talented kid chooses GU, I want the rest of the world to see that we have the coaches, facilities and program to handle the "one and done" (or "two and done") kids just as well as anybody else. If GU gets the reputation of only being interested in kids who want to spend 4 (or maybe 3) years in college, we miss the top end of the talent pool, at least according to this year's NBA draft statistics, where college freshmen were kings.

zag67
06-29-2008, 04:57 PM
So Kstate and Jazz, I think that it only fair to wait for Matt to play out his junior and senior years. I am not going to say that he does get drafted, but I do think that he has a chance. So that is what the next two years will show. With the team that we have next year and the year after, it is going to be fun to watch all of them grow and become better.

MDABE80
06-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Matt's still young. He has all the talent we saw in NYC 2 seasons ago as a freshman when the press drooled over him, his scoring and his passing. He had a very bad 2nd half last year. Consistency is the mark of a champion. Matt needs to get his head back in this game and mean it every time he goes out. He'll get better. 6 ft 5 inch guards are uncomon. He'll get his looks if he focuses. NO MORE UA GAMES AT WSU!!! NONE!!

Now, back to Austin. I'm not much of a scout but when the NBA types are saying he's a lock in a year or 2, I ask myself how many 6 ft 10 in Frosh wings can do a 20/10 season (adjusted since he averaged 18.5 mins/game) and I begin thinking he's got a great start of a great career. He's going to make that 1st to 2nd year jump and be good for 16-18 ppg in 30 mins/game.

Let's not be making big cases for pro or can with 4 months in the preseason. Plenty of time for growth. I'm thinking Gray/Daye and Rob won't be disappointing us. If we expect too much or too little (Jazz) so soon, it sets us up for disappointment but .....really does sell our young players a bit short.

Nobody will be a freshman again. They're entitled to their young lives. Keep it in mind.