PDA

View Full Version : OT - Kerry Keating deserves some credit tonight

CDC84
06-26-2008, 08:21 PM
http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=45053

This kid was the #4 pick in a talent rich 2008 draft, and he was Kerry Keating's recruit. I don't know of a single recruiting service that had him as a top 100 player besides scout.com, which always ranks UCLA players highly due to the Pierson/Hicks connection.

The bottom line is if Jordan Farmar had stayed another year, Westbrook probably wouldn't have played for the Bruins. He was added on late to replace Farmar. That's what you call one heck of a recruiting find.

Just A Zag
06-26-2008, 08:52 PM
I like Keating even if he's supposed to be the enemy. When we lucked out against them last year a piece of me felt bad when the camera panned to him with that completely disappointed look on his face (a small piece). He's a good coach and I guess a good recruiter, which is exciting for the WCC.

On an interesting note, apparently Westbrook couldn't dunk in high school. Hard to believe seeing him throw down last year with authority. The kid can play.

GoZags
06-27-2008, 05:12 AM
On an interesting note, apparently Westbrook couldn't dunk in high school.....
--------------------
I knew I had something in common with Westbrook.

As for Keating -- I agree he's good for the WCC. That being said, I'm not sure how long he'll be in our league.

BobZag
06-27-2008, 10:12 AM
My hero.

jbslicer
06-27-2008, 02:15 PM
I thought you were going to say he passed Sportsmanship 101 on his second try.