PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga Camp

MississppiZag
06-26-2008, 05:13 PM
What will be leaked to the public from the camp? Will it be like other team camps where certain recruiting websites have new info on the players and there status with that particular team? I'm just wondering how soon, if at all, should we expect to hear news about various players and there level of interest in GU?(maybe verbals). Also, when will th rosters be finalized and announced? BobZag seems to know everything about a week before i do, so hopefully he along with other members of the board, can shed some light on the upcoming camp.

I hope you were not kidding when you said a verbal is certainly possible after the camp, Bob:D

BroncoZAG615
06-26-2008, 05:18 PM
BobZag seems to know everything about a week before i do, so hopefully he along with other members of the board, can shed some light on the upcoming camp.

I hope you were not kidding when you said a verbal is certainly possible after the camp, Bob:D

Bob, like many other who have connections with things seek to prolong their connections as long as possible. In order to do so, they must respect the wishes of those who are giving him the secrets. The best he can do is give us hints and push us in the right direction.

He rarely jokes about verbals and unless something goes wrong I'm sure we will get one. Guess around a little bit and have fun with it. At least we have a glimmer of light shining.

I'm sure we will get a list of who is at the camp but aside from that it will be very hush hush, as it should be.

ZagNative
06-26-2008, 06:03 PM
BobZag seems to know everything about a week before i do, so hopefully he along with other members of the board, can shed some light on the upcoming camp.A week? A week? I swear, sometimes BZ seems to know a commit is coming before the Zags are even a glimmer in a kid's eye.

MississppiZag
06-26-2008, 06:04 PM
I agree, it makes the looooong off-season a little more exciting, in that you never know what is going to happen in recruiting. Bob provides a lot of good info, and i'm looking forward to the possible verbal at the end of the weekend.

I, too, feel like a verbal is on the verge of happening, and i also feel that this weekend has a very good chance of seeing one. I am going to guess Bak, but that is really only what i hope for, nothing else.:)

MississppiZag
06-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Sorry ZN, months and sometimes years:D

BroncoZAG615
06-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Just make him be 6'9'' or taller OR weigh more than 240 lbs. A combination of both would be great :D . But anything else would be :) .

You can trust that Gonzaga's coaches will bring in supreme talent, now just convince them to stay in the Pac Northwest

spudzag
06-26-2008, 06:50 PM
If we look back at past years we are about due for a commitment. The camp is obviously intented to impress recruits and draw commitments.

Bak Bak is a good possibility, under the radar, with only one other offer, Oregon State. Will be be attracted by Arop and Kong already on board, I'm guessing so.

Dower will be here too. Gonzaga has yet to offer. You can bet Dower gets and offer at the end of camp if the staff likes what they see. GU will certainly be the highest profile offer he will have at that point. He doese have more attention, so I'd bet he would want to think about it rather than make an on the spot commitment.

The other kid Bob mentions is Noreen, and '10 kid. Few seems to have a way of getting an early commitment, like Poling. I would think it's he is a possibility too.

I think all three of these guys get the hard sell. We could take commitments from all three and still have room for Honeycutt and Burton. It would provide some security now without limiting options on the next two players. In my humble opinion we do not need two guards in the 09 class (Arop a SG has committed remember). One last point if we are down to two spots there is a motivation to not be miss out if you are interested in being a Zag.

Not to sound like Captain Obvious, but this is an important weekend. With any luck BZ can leak a few tidbits in a week or so. Better yet on of the campers leaking it with his commitment.