LongIslandZagFan
03-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Up by 8 with 55

tobizag
03-08-2007, 05:16 PM
Cal just won

sittingon50
03-08-2007, 07:24 PM
'Spose Ben was using the ol' Lute strategy of losing in the 1st round (figuring a #1 seed was locked up) so he could get the extra rest?

MiamiZags
03-09-2007, 12:17 AM
I think that upset should be pluralized. Many upsets today, sportscenter was jam packed with great hoops. I think they said something like 8-9 OT games today and every ACC underdog won today. Craziness

zags422
03-09-2007, 02:09 AM
if that ACC tournament upset round includes the one with FSU over Clemson. I would like to point out that one was complete bogus, and I don't even care about the ACC. But Clemson might actually miss the tournament over one of the worst calls I've seen in quite a while. I don't know how to post links, but maybe it's on youtube....see the worst call ever for yourselves and feel sorry for them. :)

MiamiZags
03-09-2007, 09:58 AM
agreed, horrible call. especially at that point in the game, to basically win it for fsu. swallow your whistle buddy, either that or open your eyes.

EL MUSTACIO
03-09-2007, 10:11 AM
College basketball is so different this year. It seems like anyone can win on any given night. There have been teams that have started the season strong and lost it all. (GU, OK ST, etc) It definetly makes the season more interesting and i'm definetly not complaianing, but IMO, no one is safe. Is it possible that this is happening because of the new rule for high school seniors, IE oden, durant, budinger? or is there another reason?

roxdoc
03-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Global Warming:d

upan8th
03-09-2007, 10:50 AM
An economics professor at San Diego St has just published a group study that indicates that there probably is some serious deliberate tanking going on in conference BBall tournaments by the top seeds, especially in large BCS conferences. The theory being that with all the money available for NC2A participants, and the top teams of these elite conferences already locked in, the conferences collude to get the middle to bottom teams and invite by letting them win or reach the final of the conference tournaments. One or two extra invitations translates to millions of dollars for the conference. I will try to post the link to the website.

sittingon50
03-09-2007, 12:26 PM
So UCLA tanks (as I intimated) & all ewe dub has to do is beat the Cougs.

Looks like they may have to fine tune their schedules; let the bottom feeders play 1st & see if they can hold up their end of the deal & THEN let the leaders tank!

TM27
03-09-2007, 12:46 PM
if that ACC tournament upset round includes the one with FSU over Clemson. I would like to point out that one was complete bogus, and I don't even care about the ACC. But Clemson might actually miss the tournament over one of the worst calls I've seen in quite a while. I don't know how to post links, but maybe it's on youtube....see the worst call ever for yourselves and feel sorry for them. :)

Clemson was also the team that got screwed by Duke and their refs/clock manager, when they didnt start the clock on time, allowing Duke to take it the length of the court and win the game. 2 losses taken from Clemson by the refs - shame!