PDA

View Full Version : More Ammo Stuff on ESPN

StocktonIsMyHero
06-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Surprised this hasn't been posted yet... Bill Simmons and Chad Ford do a pretty entertaining pick-by-pick draft debate, and for some reason Ammo becomes a talking point throughout the whole thing. Ford is (shocker) critical, but Simmons hasn't lost hope in Ammo yet.

I was going to cut/paste all the Ammo mentions, but I'm too lazy:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/columns/story?page=DraftDebate-080624

Just A Zag
06-24-2008, 03:25 PM
fuel to the fire...fuel to the fire

Areyoukiddingme
06-24-2008, 04:28 PM
I was right and wrong. Love is a better player than Morrison. He has more skills, is much, much stronger and won't be out of the league in three years the way Morrison seems to be headed.

Duhh..He is a bigger guy.

gamagin
06-24-2008, 04:58 PM
who declared open season on Adam ? Clearly, it has been declared.

this in the bobcat rundown:

<< By the way, can we have odds for how long it will take before Larry Brown makes Adam Morrison cry during a practice? >>

MickMick
06-24-2008, 07:07 PM
He led the nation in scoring and it all ends up with articles like this. Where is the motivation for young men anymore? Why would anyone work hard just to become a public spectacle?

Money? Nothing comes for free.

Ammo has earned every penny of his contract even if he never sets foot on the court again. How so? In the court of law people are occasionally awarded money for character assassination. Such similar public humiliation merits Ammo's paycheck. His hard work to get to the lottery was rewarded.

Spend it and grin Ammo.

gu03alum
06-24-2008, 07:12 PM
It's sad that Adam has had only one year to prove himself. How can he already be called a bust? He was in great shape last year and may have been on his way to breaking out before Walton took him out in the preseason.

MDABE80
06-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Looks like Adam sorta made himself a target coming out of college with that goofy "outlaw" persona. He wasn't very good his Rookie year but did score 12 ppg but with a lousy accuracy. No work last year. He might get a chance again but this draft is so talented.....NBA might just go on without Adam.

Reddick will be cut some slack because was a nice, ivy league type and didn't have those crazy antics.........which didn't do much for Adam and even less for Gonzaga. Hope his knee holds up> He might think about Europe if he washes out. If he does well over there AND his knee repair looks good, Adam might find his way back as a shooter.....if he doesn't lose his touch.

Not much of an acrobatic type, Adam needs his feet set and his legs under him. It's hard to do with a bum knee. Let's hope he recovers, keeps his trap shut, makes some friends and behaves. and get the shooters touch he had in college. He'll need all of those.

gu03alum
06-24-2008, 08:13 PM
He might think about Europe

What?!!

:lmao:

Europe; Adam has played ONE year in the nba. He was the same guy at Gonzaga and it didn't affect his shooting then. I'm not sure what crazy antics you are referring too. If growing your hair is long is crazy antics I'll take it any day over Kobe's Colorado problems or Jason Williams shooting his limo driver or Jason Kidd beating his wife. Get real. Adam played one year on a terrible team. Give him some time to prove that he does or does not belong in the nba.

gamagin
06-24-2008, 08:17 PM
right from the moment he was drafted. So something is there and has been there for this talking head for quite a while. I'm not familiar with Simmons and seldom watch these sports shows, but clearly, there is, was and remains a need to find what appear to be the low hanging fruit and pick it.

Problem is it's all subjective. If this same guy, Simmons, liked Adam, or decided Adam crying over a very emotional loss was a sign of a real competitor, he'd be singing another tune. I try to treat the two imposters just the same. But I think he (Simmons) might improve his own game by giving even a rookie the benefit of the doubt. Point out how far he has come even if he has his doubt about how much farther he can go. It's a style thing and Simmons doesn't have it. He takes the shortcuts & cheap shots instead, imo.

Ammo is a gamer. Always has been. Always bill be. But that's only part of what it takes to make it in the bigs. As long as he takes care of the things he controls, he'll be okay. Other things involve a lot of luck -- no matter how good you are or can be. Simmons should know that by now.

This is from the espn site the moment ammo was selected. The speaker is Simmons.

7:45 -- Hey, if you're one of the other teams in the lottery, wouldn't you be psyched that MJ had final say over the Charlotte pick? Here's a guy who just spent the last three years playing golf and gambling ... now he's supposed to have an opinion on the 2006 draft?

"Yeah, I really like this Morrison kid. Oak and I saw a little of him one night when were playing poker and smoking Cubans at Tiger's house. He looked great!"

7:49 -- Charlotte takes Adam Morrison. Love that pick. Come on, come on ... cry. Come on. Do it. Cry. CRY! CRY! (Damn. No crying.) Have to say, I'm a little stunned by this one. Never thought MJ would take someone that he could have dunked on relentlessly back in the day. By the way, we learned before the draft that Morrison's suit from tonight will be cut up and put in special edition Topps trading cards. What the hell is happening to this country?

FuManShoes
06-24-2008, 10:35 PM
Now, college fans will say and do stupid things and plenty of them said stupid things about Ammo and held a grudge. But sports writers? Sports writers who have so many more fish to fry than an injured 2-year NBA player who did nothing but lead his (admittedly weak) rookie class in scoring before blowing out his knee? I know, I know, Ammo's shooting percentage sucked his rookie year and he faded down the stretch. But he also lit up the Spurs for 31 and looked very much an NBA gunslinger at times. The dude has barely dipped his toe in the NBA and he's being called a bust and an ass, to boot. It's BS! I expect it from Hollinger and other stat nuts who never lift their eyes from a box score to see the game being played. But Simmons and these other guys are just piling on. To lay into a healthy and underachieving Ammo is one thing, but to kick a guy while he rehabs is just Bush League.