PDA

View Full Version : All Zags Road Trip Part 2

CanadZag
06-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Firstly I would like to thank those who posted things to do in Spokane on the original thread, your comments were very helpful.

So we did eventually get going on our road trip, and it was beyond my expectations. We were gone 8 days total. We spent some time at the Little Bighorn in Montana, a day and a half in Spokane, and the rest of the time camping in Mt. Baker Snoqualmie Forest outside of Seattle.

The Pacific Northwest is absolutely breathtaking. When you come from the prairies like I do, it is easy to forget that the whole world isn't flat.

As far as Spokane, it was better than I could've imagined. We walked around campus, spent a terrible amount of money on merch, saw K2, had lunch at Jack and Dan's, and went to Riverfront Park. The weather was beautiful.

A thing that shocked me was the amount of Gonzaga merch in one spot at one time. It's always been that I'm shocked if there is ANY Zag merch in a store and I just buy it right away, now I honestly didn't even know where to start looking at what I wanted to get.

The highlight though was getting to shootaround on the original Kennel floor in the Martin Center for about 15 minutes. I don't know if I was actually allowed in there but the door was open and there were racks of balls and I had driven over 1500 miles to see the place and I wasn't about to ask too many questions. That experience alone was surreal. That's the court where it all started too, with John and Dan and Casey, so for me it was better than if I even could've shot on the K2 floor. I can honestly say I haven't had a moment in my life that tops that. So awesome.

That was my trip. Thanks for the comments earlier. I definately won't forget an experience like that. And it certainly won't be the last time I visit Spokane if I can help it.

NEZAGFAN
06-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Man o man I hope to visit Spokane soon! Sounds like you had a blast!

BobZag
06-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Glad you guys had a good time.

"Y'all come back now, hear?" :)

ZagNative
06-24-2008, 08:26 PM
CanadZag, what a fun post to read! I'm so glad you had a great time! It sounds as if you made the most of it. Hope you took some pics to post here!

Scotto
06-25-2008, 12:56 AM
At least you did better than my first time at GU. Ended up leaving my mark on the stairs outside the Martin Centre. Last thing I remember was Irish Car Bombs at Jack and Dan's...

CanadZag
06-25-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm still in the process of getting all the pics and video together, but when I do I'll definately post a link.