View Full Version : Bouldin to be at Amare camp

theothegreat21
06-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Looks like Matt Bouldin will be at the Amare Stoudemire camp

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox

MickMick
06-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Go Matt!

Working against all those elite bigs. He may become such a good post up player that we may eventually be clamoring for him to play the 3 position exclusively.

sittingon50
06-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Read down a few stories to Dawkins hiring a search firm to round out his staff at Stanford.

When do you suppose Coach Davey changed the spelling of his 1st name?

BobZag
06-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Fwiw, the camp already took place and Matt is back home in Denver. The camp needed a PG and that was Matt's function there. I'm hearing Bouldin is more serious than ever this offseason and is basically in game shape now. He is running, shooting, lifting, working with a Nuggets trainer... I've heard he's even using Red Rocks (the outdoor musical amphitheater) to run. We could see a huge jump in Matt this next year.

Matt will be coming to town for the Elite Camp starting Friday.

NEZAGFAN
06-24-2008, 03:12 PM
Fwiw, the camp already took place and Matt is back home in Denver. The camp needed a PG and that was Matt's function there. I'm hearing Bouldin is more serious than ever this offseason and is basically in game shape now. He is running, shooting, lifting, working with a Nuggets trainer... I've heard he's even using Red Rocks (the outdoor musical amphitheater) to run. We could see a huge jump in Matt this next year.

Matt will be coming to town for the Elite Camp starting Friday.

WOW! You think he's been thinking about the possibility of having to battle for a starting position next year?

ZagNative
06-24-2008, 03:36 PM
I remember a similar post by BZ last summer in a June 30 thread about the U19 team (http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?p=34700#post34700):
To say Bouldin is showing commitment would be an understatement. When he got home from school he took off 3 days and started in. His schedule is 3 days on, 1 off, 2 days on, 1 off. Daily: 10 miles early; 2 hrs. weights; 1 hour swim; rest; 500 to 750 baskets; 4 to 5 miles evening run. He is at 210 and is in game shape.

One thing we will see for sure is that he will be going to the ball from now on, something he didn't do this past year.

He has always had floor sense and good passing but he has improved and matured.

By the way he'll be at the point for the USA.The guy works so hard to improve and just gives his all. That's why it irritates me so much when so many of us here sit on our butts and complain about lack of heart and effort and "toughness" so much of the year.

BobZag
06-24-2008, 04:09 PM
One big difference: Matt won't be forced to play PF for any Team USA this summer. That experience didn't do much for his guard skills and development last summer.

zag67
06-24-2008, 05:56 PM
BZ, I agree.

I think that this did not help his PG play and his 3 point shooting. I believe that we will see a major jump in his play this year. I thought he made super strides from his freshman to sophmore year, but at times ran into positions that he was not comfortable.

This year I feel that most of the players on the team (Including Matt) will be playing more relaxed and therefore in the flow of the game (rather than trying to remember what they should be doing and therefore one step slow).

RenoZag
06-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Bouldin is one of the keys to the coming season being "the big one" .

BroncoZAG615
06-25-2008, 04:39 AM
Red Rocks and the Gorge are neck and neck in my book...what a picture

Maybe I'll go up to Red Rocks and see if I can find Matt :)

IrishZag
06-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Those stairs and brutal, I used to run them every year for soccer tryouts. Just getting up to the concert ground was 18 flights of stairs.

Matt and I share a physical therapist. By all accounts he is an extremely hard working and driven guy.

It will be interesting to see how the backcourt situation is handled this year. Last year it seemed crowded, and I can only expect the decisions to get tougher for Few and staff this year.

JP obviously has some expectations given that he was working on his game for the draft. Gray really came on strong at the end of last year, and assuming he stays healthy one can only expect that streak to continue. Bouldin, was the leading scorer on the team for the majority of the year, and another year experience/work shouldn't hurt his time or performance.

Will Few continue with the three guard system, with Jeremy running the majority of the show? Or will he start giving Ira!, Micah, and Austin the lionshare of the minutes at the 3?

Not to mention we have 2 Freshman who are coming in that play in the backcourt.