PDA

View Full Version : Micah Downs

Angelo Roncalli
06-24-2008, 08:37 AM
Micah has recovered nicely from his late season injury.

He's been in the weight room and has added 8-10 lbs. (my estimate) of muscle. The coaches feel he's added some confidence, as well.

He played golf for the first time yesterday...don't know how he did on the course, but with those long arms, he was hitting some pretty impressive drives at the range.

229SintoZag
06-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Like basketball, the goal is to put the ball in the hole.

How was his short game? Did he sink any 50 footers? Chip in from the fringe? Hole one from the sand?

Drive for show, putt for dough. I am off to Chambers Bay this afternoon, so I am in a golfing state of mind about now.

Angelo Roncalli
06-24-2008, 10:06 AM
I only saw Micah at the driving range.

However, I played 18 with Heather Bowman.

She said she hasn't played much golf, other than going to the range with her dad.

Nevertheless, it was easy to see her inherent athletic talent.

We were playing a scramble format--four old guys of assorted ability and Heather.

On the par 3 17th, our group used all 3 of Heather's shots to record par on the hole.

LongIslandZagFan
06-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Micah has recovered nicely from his late season injury.

He's been in the weight room and has added 8-10 lbs. (my estimate) of muscle. The coaches feel he's added some confidence, as well.

He played golf for the first time yesterday...don't know how he did on the course, but with those long arms, he was hitting some pretty impressive drives at the range.

What about Austin? Any bulk going on that kid? :D

jbslicer
06-24-2008, 10:13 AM
You need to hire Gonezagaga for a scramble. He's quite looooooooooong.

zagster318
06-24-2008, 11:54 AM
What about Austin? Any bulk going on that kid? :D

I hear he's up to 125 now. ;)