PDA

View Full Version : How the Zags Spent Summer Vacation

Angelo Roncalli
06-24-2008, 08:32 AM
Boxing.

Many of the players who stayed in Spokane for the first part of the summer have been working out at a local boxing club.

Richard Fox was the first to try it a few years ago and was happy with the workout and the results. He convinced some of the guys on the current team to try the routine.

pbriz
06-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Boxing.

Many of the players who stayed in Spokane for the first part of the summer have been working out at a local boxing club.

Richard Fox was the first to try it a few years ago and was happy with the workout and the results. He convinced some of the guys on the current team to try the routine.

Also, the team has spent some time doing soccer drills. Really not a bad idea considering it aids in their footwork (especially the big guys).

BobZag
06-24-2008, 08:44 AM
Zags need to...

Float like a butterfly
Sting like a bee.

:D

Dogman
06-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Who's the lucky sparring partner for IRA? That sounds about as fun as chewing glass ha ha

DenDiegoZag
06-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Who's the lucky sparring partner for IRA? That sounds about as fun as chewing glass ha ha

Hopefully it is Austin, so that he can develop about 200% more toughness than he had last year. But to his credit, it is very unlikely that someone with his build would have toughness at just 18-years old.

Now that I think about it, a Sacre vs. Ira! matchup might be intriguing because you would see our biggest post player matched up against our best athlete. It is the classic boxing arugment of power from a shorter fighter trying to overcome the length of a taller, leaner opponenet.

Man I love boxing.

Go Zags!

NEZAGFAN
06-24-2008, 10:05 AM
I'll bet if Pendo was training he would give Ira a run for his money.

Reborn
06-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Great post dogman...lol lol:lmao:

zagmantis2001
06-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Box with Fox.

Good Dr. Seuss book.