PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive interview with Ira Brown

theothegreat21
06-23-2008, 02:22 PM
The Kennel Report is pleased to bring everyone an interview with Ira Brown. We hope everyone enjoys the interview....and would like to thank Ira for taking the time to do the interview.

Also be sure to check out our player breakdowns over the next couple of weeks as well as NBA mock drafts, and a couple of other surprises everyone will enjoy

http://thekennelreport.blogspot.com/

BobZag
06-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Ira!

Great job, guys.

sittingon50
06-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Wow, the tone of that 1st paragraph surprises me a bit.

gamagin
06-23-2008, 03:16 PM
you're turning into a fine cub reporter. May I call you Jimmy Olsen ?

Keep it up and if possible, make them longer. Maybe a little biographical, like what the athlete is majoring in, what they plan/hope to do when basketball ends, where they plan to live, whether GU has lived up to its reputation and how about the school and campus life etc etc.

These interviewees seem to want to talk and its a joy to read their observations.

I, too, was hoping for a followup question to the matter of playing time, how a player approaches getting more, how he deals with making more p.t. or getting less and generally getting us all a glimpse of the action behind closed doors.

As far as what Ira said, I wouldn't expect anyone on our bench to be happy to be there (OK Sorenson).

And I agree with him, I would have and could have watched him get more time and there were a number of opportunities.

cheers, Jimmy !

Clark Kent

spudzag
06-23-2008, 03:39 PM
I love Ira's frankness and fire. I hope is given the chance to earn playing time. He seems to bring the toughness that BZ and others are after. Go Ira!

dnj116
06-23-2008, 05:57 PM
I hope he gets some more playing time as well. When he did make it in last season he sure threw down some monster dunks!! having that kind of skill off the bench is incredible and like he said if he can develop a better shot he should see some more minutes

2011Zag
06-23-2008, 06:29 PM
I played multiple pick up games with Ira last year and he really is a great guy. He is a gym rat and seemed to really want to improve. It was obvious that he was trying to improve his shot because during the games he would float around the perimeter, help others, and shoot the three. Every once and a while he would take it to the rim and throw down vicious dunks on unsuspecting guys. (like me) I truly think he will surprise people this year, I just hope Few gives him a long enough leash to go out there and play. Not many teams have athletes like Ira.

theothegreat21
06-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks for all the great comments...just wanted to answer a couple of things

1) In terms of follow up questions: we dont do these interviews in person, instead we exchange them via e-mail. So I just send out my original questions, so there really isnt room for a follow up.

2) In terms of length: We know how busy these guys are, so we try to ask between 6-8 questions. Anything over that might be a little to time consuming, and we just want all the athletes to be able to answer them at their own leisure.