PDA

View Full Version : Gray Sophomore Jump?

Zagdawg
06-23-2008, 06:50 AM
I was extremely impressed with the way Gray matured as a player over the season (despite the injury that kept him out of the first 1/3 of the season)-- 46% 3 pt shooting/defense-steals/83% FT

He keeps the defense honest as a perimeter threat plus he plays defense--

How big of a "sophomore jump" will he have?

A. avg 8 pts 3 rbs 2 assists a game (i.e. no jump)
B. avg 10 pts 4 rbs 3 assists a game
C. avg 12 pts 5 rbs 4 assists a game
C. Sky is the limit!

Nevtelen
06-23-2008, 07:19 AM
There are going to be a few upperclassmen who are big-time scorers on the floor next year. Gray might improve to be a better player than his stats will show, esp his scoring average. I think B is realistic, though he might be able to hit 14 or 15 ppg if there end up being fewer scorers on the floor.

CDC84
06-23-2008, 08:15 AM
Few was not joking when he said Steven Gray was very close to earning a spot in the starting lineup when he injured his hand in the preseason.

His game is so mature, and he's only going to get better and better......

BobZag
06-23-2008, 09:05 AM
If Gray merely improves as much as Bouldin improved, he'll average around 13 ppg his soph year.

dim4sum
06-23-2008, 09:15 AM
I think the teammates can learn from Gray. What they can learn is control of what they do on the floor and emotional control. He's not a robot but he has that perfect stasis going for him. He plays his game to win,not the other team's game. I hear he's working at making his game more versatile, by adding slashing to the hoop to his repertoire.

jim77
06-23-2008, 10:54 AM
I have this guy in my starting lineup for a reason. He can play. It seems to me this kid is pretty cool under pressure plus he's got one of the sweetest strokes in college BB. (only Curry's is sweeter) Steven also posses pretty quick feet and he's got good size. (6-4) If this kid develops a bit more upper body strength he's gonna be big problems. I'd also like to see a bit more of the taking it to the rack type stuff. For now his defense and deadly 3 point shooting is whats mostly needed.....it would not surprise me to see this kid have a BIG season.

cjm720
06-23-2008, 11:03 AM
Steven Gray = WCC POY during his career. G-U-ARANTEED!!!!