PDA

View Full Version : Recruits Coming to Spokane, Legistic Problems

TuckC
03-08-2007, 01:59 PM
We all know the big names coming to Spokane, possible Raivio Replacement SG/PG Stephen Gray from Seattle, PF/C Rob Sacre (related to GB Tight End), PG/SG Ira Brown, and PF/C Austin Daye.

I am wondering though, how will Gonzaga manage the croud of bigs and smalls at the two extents of front court and back court?

*Back Court You Have- Pargo (Jr.), Bouldin (SO.), Mast (SO.), Cespedes (Sr.), Gray (Fr.) and Brown(Fr.)
*=As of 07-08 Season
I dunno how the coaching staff feels about Mast, but he seems to have a pretty acurate 3 point shot, but then again, if they saw major playing time ahead of him, we'd see him in the games a lot more this year. Cespedes will likely be the 6th man of sorts, or a markee bench player. I guess we could see Bouldin, Pargo and Gray all in at a time, but I don't know how well Gray will emerge or how fast he will blossum.

As for front court, there are several situations. I don't know the likelyhood of new bigs playing big minutes, nor do I know if Burgess will emerge, if Heytvelt will be back, if Foster will gain playing time, if Davis will come back and if Pendo will move to a small forward position, but with having 3 6'10s or up (4 if you count Heytvelt) will be a help when playing the 2 returning 6'11 and up Broncos.

Possible Starters (w/o Heytvelt)IMO

3 Guards
PG Pargo
SG Gray/Cespedes
SG Bouldin
PF Pendo
C Kuso

Traditional
PG Pargo
SG Bouldin
SF Pendo
PF Burgess/Sacre/Daye/Kuso
C Kuso/Foster

Possible Starters w/ Heytvelt IMO

3 Guards
PG Pargo
SG Gray/Cespedes
SG Bouldin
PF Pendo
C Heytvelt

Traditional
PG Pargo
SG Bouldin
SF Pendo
PF Kuso
C Heytvelt

I would feel a lot more insured for the future if Heytvelt came back, but if the Few feels that him and Theo don't have the heart, I am more than willing to cast them aside.

former1dog
03-08-2007, 02:03 PM
I would feel a lot more insured for the future if Heytvelt came back, but if the Few feels that him and Theo don't have the heart, I am more than willing to cast them aside.

Only time will provide the answers you seek.

Patience, brother Bulldog.

SamwiseTheZag
03-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Not sure how you can possibly think about next season without mentioning Downs?

From what I understand, Ira Brown is similar to last years Texas player:
P.J. Tucker (Toronto Raptors now), kind of a power Small forward, or an undersized athletic power forward.

TexasZagFan
03-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Only time will provide the answers you seek.

Patience, brother Bulldog.

Damn, can we at least make it through Selection Sunday without worrying about next year's team?

:argh: :explode: :argh: :explode:

Enjoy the moment, next season will arrive soon enough. And no, I'm not ticked off...I just like those smilies.

2Zags3Pups
03-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Following SamWise's lead, Daye is more of a SF and I have not heard of Gray playing the point.

jaszag
03-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Not sure how you can possibly think about next season without mentioning Downs?

Concur with Samwise (as well as with Former1 who extolls the virtues of patience). Absent JH, and notwithstanding the plethora of variables that might, and will, happen between now and late next November, the default starting lineup for next November is pretty much obvious:

Pargo
Bouldin
Downs
Pendo
Kuso

... which is the current starting lineup with the current "first off the bench" players replacing Raivio and Mallon. A whole lotta talented youth coming in, though, and two big eligibility question marks.

Bulldog
03-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Think about now and pray for the Zag's for their remaining games this year, each one will be a challenge.

Next year we won't have to worry, Few will have a complete new barrell of players to try and figure out how to get them all enough time. What a problem to have.:D

SunDevilGolfZag
03-08-2007, 04:31 PM
We don't know Theo's status right now, but why is no one mentioning him -- Isn't he an extraordinary talent? I don't know -- just wondering

mtzaga
03-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Legistic?

Looks like a spelling problem.

spokane86
03-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Logistics maybe?