PDA

View Full Version : Battle in Seattle Booth in Riverfront Park

BobZag
06-22-2008, 08:57 AM
During Hoopfest, visit the BiS Booth with Zags there everyday.

Thursday, from 6pm-7:30pm, meet Micah, Rob and Andrew.
Friday, from 4pm-6pm, meet Heytvelt, Gray and Foster.
Saturday, from 10am-11am, meet Ira! and Bouldin, then meet Pargo 11am-Noon.

Commemorative BiS posters available, autographs and a chance to win a trip to Seattle and KeyArena to watch Gonzaga-UConn, and more.

NEZAGFAN
06-22-2008, 03:33 PM
When does the hoopfest take place? I am considering making the trek to Spokane with some friends but would like some more info on the event if available. Thanks in advance!

mmzag
06-22-2008, 03:54 PM
This week, starts on 6/28 ends on 6/29 but there should be some fun things to do leading up to it.

ZagNative
06-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Here's the website (http://www.spokanehoopfest.net/site/). Hoopfest is really, really fun, with hoops as far as the eye can see in downtown Spokane, but your problem is going to be in finding a bed to sleep in this late in the game. I bet there won't be a bed available between Spokane and Missoula.

You can always try, though.

It would be neat to see Andy, Grant, and Meech show up to form one of the three-on-three teams. What do you suppose the chance is, BZ?

Last year, some folks here noted in advance some of the former Zags who would be playing, including Cory Violette, as I recall. How do you find out in advance who has registered? I see on the site that brackets are supposed to be up on Hoopfest's website on Wednesday. Do you suppose that will give us a clue as to whether we'll get a chance to see some present and future Zags playing at Hoopfest?

lawzag
06-22-2008, 04:30 PM
ZN - sorry but Andy Meech & Grant - it'll never happen. Hoopfest is a very "streetball" event for the older teen & early 20s crowd. Any visiting team would be going for all they are worth against a GU "ringer" as the rookies would be perceived. Few would never allow them to take a chance at getting hurt a couple of months before beginning their GU career.

Future Zags maybe, past Zags usually wait a few years before playing for various reasons.

ZagNative
06-22-2008, 04:59 PM
The spokesman review promises to have rosters for 2008 up soon here (http://www.spokesmanreview.com/hoopfest/2008/). They have a photo album there from the 2007 event that looks fun to explore a bit. I did see elsewhere that Winston Brooks was on one of the winning teams, apparently a repeat performance as he had been on the winning team in his bracket four straight years.

It's more about families and kids though, than it is about elite players.

Proudzagmom
06-22-2008, 05:21 PM
It is such a great environment. My daughter was on a team as a freshman and again as a sophomore in high school. It is definitely street ball and that's part of its charm. We would spend all day downtown watching those teams we knew and those we didn't know. Bring a lot of water. It gets extremely hot down there. Gosh I miss it!

ZagNative
06-22-2008, 06:21 PM
ZN's guilty pleasure during hoopfest: A delicious salad and perhaps a cocktail or two in the air-conditioned bar of the Olive Garden, right close to the action, while waiting for my nephew's next scheduled game. Nothing quite like going out into that bright sunshine sporting a midday buzz!

Zag79
06-23-2008, 04:01 PM
hoopfest is the best weekend in spokane. between playing in games, watching my buds plays in games, and everyone getting together to eat, drinka dn talk about hoops its an amazing time. cant wait!