PDA

View Full Version : Will this team be the worst Zags team ever?

BobZag
06-21-2008, 05:52 PM
You know, like corn nuts taste like Fritos.

Nevtelen
06-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Not even a question, IMO. There is a chance it could be the most underachieving Zags team ever, though. I seriously hope not, but with Pendo and Kuso gone... if nobody steps up the toughness factor and other players don't progress like we all hope... Well, it's a possibility that this team could do less with more than any other GU team.

spudzag
06-21-2008, 07:06 PM
As strange as this may sound I think the team may be better with Pendo and Kuso graduating. It should make for a tighter rotation and increased opportunities for the younger more talented players. I suspect the main rotation will include three seniors and junior and three sophmores.

This groups success hinges on how they mesh as a team, maintain tougness, stay health and excel individually. (likely in that order) If these things don't happen with the schedule that has been put together, well, it will be a long season. If they put it together -:D

theothegreat21
06-21-2008, 07:12 PM
As strange as this may sound I think the team may be better with Pendo and Kuso graduating. It should make for a tighter rotation and increased opportunities for the younger more talented players. I suspect the main rotation will include three seniors and junior and three sophmores.

This groups success hinges on how they mesh as a team, maintain tougness, stay health and excel individually. (likely in that order) If these things don't happen with the schedule that has been put together, well, it will be a long season. If they put it together -:D

You nailed it!!!!! I think the graduation of Pendo and Kuso only opens up more opportunities for more skilled player's. I don't share this worry about toughness as many people do, because toughness is not necessarily reflected in how much you dive all over the court. I think we are looking at the most mentally tough team that GU has had in years. I also look for both Austin and Rob to take on a much stronger leadership role, and I think you will see those 2, along with Ira and Jeremy providing excellent leadership.

MickMick
06-21-2008, 07:15 PM
This team will deal with near impossible expectations.

Spudzag is right. It is all about how they mesh as a team.

If I hear the "talent" word one more time I'm gonna hurl.
:vomit-smiley-007:

There is so much more to it than that. Who you draw, luck, etc., etc.

theothegreat21
06-21-2008, 07:22 PM
One reason that I think this team will be able to mesh so well will be the role of the freshman

The last 2 season's, GU has had a freshman (Bouldin), or multiple freshman (Sacre, Daye, Gray) play huge roles in that specific season. I think this has caused it to take longer and be more difficult for those specific teams to mesh. This year, I feel the freshman will have very similar roles to that of Pargo and LG in their freshman year. Both were great bench guys who could provide good minutes when needed, however they were not forced or pushed into starter's minutes and importance. Meech and Gibbs will both be able to provide solid energy off the bench, but not forced into starting roles.

This team will mesh and play great much like that team of Ammo and JP, but I think this year's vision has a better 1-8 rotation then that team did

Rangerzag
06-21-2008, 07:32 PM
You know, like corn nuts taste like Fritos.

We Are DOOOMED ;)

RenoZag
06-21-2008, 07:37 PM
http://www.nutsonline.com/images/items/g380.jpg

I like Corn Nuts. . .

ZagNative
06-21-2008, 07:52 PM
The last cornnut ZN tasted cost her half a molar and resulted in a very expensive gold crown. The evil that is cornnuts ....
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Junk/Emoticons/diablo.gif

roxdoc
06-21-2008, 08:09 PM
I agree with others, will they gell as a team? This is a function of the offensive system being run and was a significant stumbling block last year - The problems seemingly related to too large of a rotation and to a lesser extent injuries. Others here have nailed it about having a tighter rotation. Hopefully this year will be better. We have the talent - thats not in question. Keep in mind last year at this time people were besides themselves how this player or that one were going to just "blow up". Its not about individuals its about the TEAM.

bartruff1
06-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Another 20 wins.....maybe a WCC Tourney Championship..... another trip to the dance...a 6 seed...maybe win a couple tourney games...a great season and a fine team...we are so blessed...some are so ungrateful ...Vegas Baby !!

ZagsGoZags
06-21-2008, 09:30 PM
I agree with roxdoc. Our talent and experience will be important, but above all will be that something called, team chemistry, gelling, magic, playing unselfishly, basically how well will they be able to create a 'social machine' when they are out there. Last year was thrilling and exciting, as every year is to a devoted fan. But it was somewhat painful because the individual talent level was so great, and the team chemistry was a bit less than we are used to. Davidson, Butler, even San Diego (at the end of the season) had it. Now its our turn to have it again. Team chemistry. Let's go Elite 8 or better this coming season !!!!

VinnyZag
06-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Not all of you are taking Bob's message in the spirit it was intended.

krozman
06-21-2008, 10:52 PM
This thread makes baby jesus cry.

Pure Irony.

thebigsmoove
06-21-2008, 11:20 PM
HAHA, yes the worst team ever...like monk fish tastes like lobster...muhahahaha!

MedZag
06-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Jeremy is a selfish me-first NBA prototype.
Matt is a choke artist.
Ira is a nice story and nothing more.
Austin is the pinnacle of a self absorbed big time recruit.
Micah is mentally weak.
Will will forever be a project.
Steven never looks for his shot.
Josh is a partier and too lazy.
Rob is raw.
The freshmen have too much to learn.

< /doom>

CarolinaZagFan
06-23-2008, 06:32 AM
I agree MedZag, especially with Coach Few leading the way, he is the worst of all of those. Sell all of your Zags attire now!!!!!

mnzag24
06-23-2008, 06:39 AM
good thread to wake up to on a monday morning, wow. :explode:

Ziggy
06-23-2008, 07:26 AM
We Are DOOOMED ;)

Kinda sets the tone...mmm..I like Fritos,yes I do!

BroncoZAG615
06-23-2008, 07:30 AM
Corn Nuts are my favorite snack food...besides Chili Cheese FRITOS.

Maybe that bodes well for our title run....I knew I was lucky.

Zerogame
06-23-2008, 07:35 AM
Jeremy is a selfish me-first NBA prototype.
Matt is a choke artist.
Ira is a nice story and nothing more.
Austin is the pinnacle of a self absorbed big time recruit.
Micah is mentally weak.
Will will forever be a project.
Steven never looks for his shot.
Josh is a partier and too lazy.
Rob is raw.
The freshmen have too much to learn.

< /doom>

No, that honor goes to all the fine folks who actually read and contribute to this blog site.
Do as your folks told you to do, "get off the dole," and get a job. You don't have time for such nonsense!

RenoZag
06-23-2008, 08:16 AM
No, that honor goes to all the fine folks who actually read and contribute to this blog site.
Do as your folks told you to do, "get off the dole," and get a job. You don't have time for such nonesense!

I have a job. I read and contribute.

I must be doomed to eat Corn Nuts and Fritos.

zaguarxj
06-23-2008, 08:34 AM
I'm more of a potato chip guy myself.

MedZag
06-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Do as your folks told you to do, "get off the dole," and get a job. You don't have time for such nonsense!

I am sorry, but maintaining the doomosphere is a full time job.

LongIslandZagFan
06-23-2008, 10:06 AM
MMMMMMMMMMMM.... Coooooooorn Nuts. :drool:

gamagin
06-23-2008, 10:57 AM
"I understand. Let us celebrate our agreement with the adding of chocolate to milk."

Zerogame
06-23-2008, 11:33 AM
"I understand. Let us celebrate our agreement with the adding of chocolate to milk."

I believe you are mistaken. It was Sophocles, not Homer.

LongIslandZagFan
06-23-2008, 11:47 AM
Methinks the Foo may start to take over this thread. :D

sonuvazag
06-23-2008, 12:39 PM
http://lancemannion.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/bluto_06b.jpg

MedZag
06-23-2008, 12:52 PM
http://kungfurodeo.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/chicken_doom_cover_final1.jpg