PDA

View Full Version : It just hit me!

ZagManFan
06-20-2008, 01:58 PM
While walking down the street downtown today, I ran into Pendo. Had a short conversation and went on my way. At the same time it hit me. Man, I will really miss how much I will enjoy Pendo in a Zag uni. He may be one of my all-time favs at GU at this point. Having followed him for 4 years, it was a pleasure every step of the way to watch him spill his heart out every second.

So I say to you Pendo. Good luck in whatever your next adventure may be.:mecry:

Kiddwell
06-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Yes, Pendo had a nice senior season (big rebounds, being an outside threat w/those 3s, etc.). He put his heart into every game. I can still see Pendo in Maui a few years back: undersized, underweight, going up against the big programs' interior guys, never giving an inch.

Pendo was one of the "original" 4-star high schoolers that started adding high-level talent and depth to this era's program.

What a scrapper! You hunt rattlesnakes for a hobby, what else you gonna be?

:]

VinnyZag
06-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Did he make any mention of what his plans might be? He sure would seem like a nice addition to the GU coaching staff ... although a smart young fella like him could probably do a lot better financially (and encounter a lot less stress) by taking his Gonzaga degree and getting a 'real job.'

Or maybe the university should offer him a job as a sort of community ambassador ... something like what Fr. Tony used to do, only without officiating at weddings.

spudzag
06-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Didn't he say in a few interviews at the end of the season that he was think of law school after a year away?

lawzag
06-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Spent some time with Pendo this weekend - he's doing great; getting some fishing in when he can - says its tougher when you have to go to work 5 days a week.

He is working for an high-tech company in Spokane (started in June).
Still hopes to go to law school after 1 year off.

krozman
06-22-2008, 08:50 PM
One of you is a pendo stalker.