PDA

View Full Version : Josh questions???

Lurknomore
06-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Has anyone seen him. Has his injury healed and will he be at full strength this fall. Is he working out? I hope he has a monster season and can stay healthy.

TRhyno
06-20-2008, 01:12 PM
My friends son saw him at a party the other weekend around 1:30 AM. He must be doing well. LOL

NEZAGFAN
06-20-2008, 01:29 PM
My friends son saw him at a party the other weekend around 1:30 AM. He must be doing well. LOL

I hope that's not true but I guess he is of age and does have a life outside of basketball. I just hope he's making wise decisions.

VinnyZag
06-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Raise your hand if you didn't go to parties that lasted until 1:30 a.m. and later when you were at GU.

Anybody?

Anybody?

Das Zagger
06-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Raise your hand if you didn't go to parties that lasted until 1:30 a.m. and later when you were at GU.

Anybody?

Anybody?

(raises hand)

But not after I had kids.

Just A Zag
06-20-2008, 04:37 PM

Anybody?

Anybody?

i see your point. but with his past is this the kind of attention you want? not that he's doing anything wrong it just kind of raises eyebrows

Once and Future Zag
06-20-2008, 04:52 PM
My brother's cousin's ex-roommate's twin sister's dog saw him at St. Al's ... maybe he's decided to take orders?

Be the only member of the Jesuit order to be able to Dunk one-handed?

MDABE80
06-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Somebody tell Few. See how Coach is with it. See fellas, it's timely. If Josh was out so late, it's on him. If he wasn't, it's still on him. If Josh wants some pretty special things in his life, we'll help him. If not, it's up to him. It's about the "time". If somebody wants to focus, spend time wisely. If no focus is possible, spend time how you like. It's all up to the player. We put forth a forum for improvement and growth. In the end, it's alway up to the kid. No judgements. Want to be sharp the next day, sleep well. If not, stay up late.

In the end, it's up to the student. Always has been like this. Don't expect change.

VinnyZag
06-20-2008, 06:26 PM
(raises hand)

But not after I had kids.

That's a fair point. But it also strikes me as something that's between him, his kid and the kid's mom. Not for us to judge.
As for focus, and worrying about what sort of attention it brings ... he's still a kid himself, and it's not as if he had a game the next day.

zag67
06-20-2008, 06:35 PM
And just because he was at a party at 1:30, does not mean he was drinking. I think all of us (when in school) have been out late and sometimes our parents should be worried and other times we did not have a drink. We just got to talking and goofing around until early in the morning.

MDABE80
06-20-2008, 06:44 PM
TIME spent!

Oh and the ankle will be ready to go. Promise:) Better than new.

dim4sum
06-20-2008, 06:56 PM
How well does this team do WITHOUT Josh, assuming that the Josh we saw last year is as good as it is going to get????

zag67
06-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Dim4sum, great question.

First of all, I hope we do not have to find out. The early Josh could really dominate the middle area at both ends. If it does happen, then I think the key is going to be Sacre and Daye. Josh, will be playing about 20 minutes, so the rest of the 4/5 time will have to be picked up by Robert and Austin. This means if we are going to make a run, then they have to step up and play like juniors or seniors.

spudzag
06-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Josh has everything to play for this year. His future, near term any way, depends on his performance this year. I may be a Pollyanna but I think he will be ready for the challenge, 1:30 AM party or not.

MDABE80
06-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Josh knows this is "it". His ankle will be fit ( I wasn't kidding). Last year Josh was impaired and it showed. When the repair worked, it worked well......this was evidenced by his spurts of the "old" Josh. Well , it wasn't consistent. A birdie told me about 1 month ago that the seating is great now. Josh needs to avoid distractions, get some rest and he'll be good for 20/10. That will get him in the NBA 1 st round if he stays healthy. Go Zags!

kyle dixon
06-22-2008, 06:11 AM
I am hoping to see the Josh come out and begin the season how he played against Tennessee last year in the BiS. I thought that was going to be his coming out party as he was converting monster jams and even took a page out of Pendo's book of diving for loose balls. I am thinking Josh is going to find his groove this year and it is going to be so nice to see. I also think we are going to see a significant growth/maturity in Sacre's game and we are going to be able to throw out a formidable front line this year both on the offensive and defensive ends of the floor.

gamagin
06-22-2008, 08:58 AM
re josh's foot:

that may be the best news of this dreary, rumor-riddled, speculation heavy, poll happy, long, final-four speculating (hallucinating?), off season.

thank you.

p.s. my son and his family have had several occasions recently in which they have run into Josh and say he looks great, seems relaxed etc. Of course, he wasn't in uniform, jumping with impugnity, or driving to the net or blocking anyone out at the time.

But the observations from these non professionals was unamious: he seems taller than they envisioned and looked fit. If you are looking for useful insight, I suggest you read the doctor's post and think about it. and perhaps get more info if possible about that miracle of science mentioned above by Dr. Abe. THAT is exciting.