PDA

View Full Version : Pargo bit on ESPN.

NEZAGFAN
06-19-2008, 07:18 AM
• Jeremy Pargo, Gonzaga
Pargo will play in the NBA. He is a very confident and tough Windy City product who has a great role model to follow in his brother, Jannero, who currently plays for the New Orleans Hornets. But, the decision to return to Gonzaga for one more year was a wise one.

Like Lawson, Pargo will get a chance to shine next year as he commands one of the most explosive offensive teams in college basketball. Coach Mark Few has supreme confidence in Pargo and has often eschewed his traditional set offenses in favor of Pargo's ability to create 1-on-1.

Next season, it will be important for Pargo to make his teammates better and improve an inconsistent outside shot. If those two things happen, it could propel him into mid-first round status next summer. A long Zags run in the NCAA tournament would not hurt either.

Austin also got mentioned:

• Here are my top five players who will likely be in the 2009 NBA draft:
1. Blake Griffin, PF, Oklahoma
2. B.J. Mullens, C, Ohio State
3. Ricky Rubio, PG, Spain
4. Gerald Henderson, SG, Duke
5. James Harden, SG, Arizona State

• Here are five more players whose draft status will rise:
1. Damion James, SF, Texas
2. James Johnson, SF, Wake Forest
3. Demar DeRozan, SG, USC
4. Austin Daye, SF, Gonzaga
5. Derrick Brown, PF, Xavier

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3451877&name=ncbexperts

ZagNative
06-19-2008, 07:53 AM
Like Lawson, Pargo will get a chance to shine next year as he commands one of the most explosive offensive teams in college basketball. Coach Mark Few has supreme confidence in Pargo and has often eschewed his traditional set offenses in favor of Pargo's ability to create 1-on-1.

Next season, it will be important for Pargo to make his teammates better and improve an inconsistent outside shot. If those two things happen, it could propel him into mid-first round status next summer. A long Zags run in the NCAA tournament would not hurt either. I like our chances when these guys put their heads together ...

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Zags/Pargo/2007-2-17PargoNorthernColoradowithF.jpg

Zag79
06-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Coach Mark Few has supreme confidence in Pargo and has often eschewed his traditional set offenses in favor of Pargo's ability to create 1-on-1.

that quote and the pic zagnative put up are exactly how i picture pargo at the mention of his name. as unique to Gonzaga hoop as he his compared to others that have been here at that position, hes one of the best to play here. this guy is going to take us great places this season.

Zaghuatanejo
06-19-2008, 08:50 PM
08-09 will be the year we've all been waiting for. The stars are aligned, the players are in place (although another post would be nice), and I feel this is the year they get the monkey off the back and go to the Final Four. GO ZAGS!!!!

Sorry, the beer has got me extra-pumped for next season :)

ZagNative
06-19-2008, 11:54 PM
that quote and the pic zagnative put up are exactly how i picture pargo at the mention of his name. as unique to Gonzaga hoop as he his compared to others that have been here at that position, hes one of the best to play here. this guy is going to take us great places this season.Classic, Zag79! Great post, and I couldn't agree more. Thank God we'll be privileged to see him play in a Zags uniform one more year.

Gonzaga fans sometimes drive me nuts, with their demands and carping. They remind my of my kids when they were boys in the mid-70's, and I used to take them to the Spokane Indians ballpark and drop them off with their buddies of a summer night and then pick them up when they called from K-Mart after the game. I tried attending a couple of games with them and their buddies, but I was too embarrassed by their merciless heckling of our players - guys like Len Sakata and Gorman Thomas and Kurt Bevacqua, guys they loved. "Why do you heckle our guys?" "Because we don't know the other guys!"

MedZag
06-20-2008, 01:22 AM
P's gonna be special next year. Anyone remember his freshman season? Dude's come a long way.

cjm720
06-20-2008, 06:37 AM
P's gonna be special next year. Anyone remember his freshman season? Dude's come a long way.

I vividly remember the UCONN game in Maui with that no look dish to the other JP that no one saw coming. Right then I knew we had something special. His confidence, especially in his finishing ability, has improved every year. I cannot wait to see another year of development.

GO ZAGS!!!