PDA

View Full Version : No ring for Ronny (this time) ...

Zagalicious
06-18-2008, 06:44 AM
I was really hoping to see Ronny win an NBA Championship. Instead LA got outplayed and outclassed by a obviously more determined team. The Lakers performance was embarassing last night. :o

cjm720
06-18-2008, 06:49 AM
Although I'll always route for Ronny, it was great to see the Lakers get their butts whipped. Pretty embarrasing way to go out. Kobe's the best player in the league that will sell his teammates out the first opportunity he can. The consumate "me" player. Gasol did kind of disappear in the Finals though.

Did anyone see KG after the win when the sideline announcer tried to interview him? Wow.

Zagalicious
06-18-2008, 07:00 AM
yep....straight out 'da hood :lmao:

dim4sum
06-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Phil gave Ronny his minutes early in the series but he didn't play effectively.
He was flailing at the ball instead of snaring crisp rebounds--and not getting many touches. But to Ronny's credit, I think Phil wanted him to be more of an enforcer when Gasol takes a breather. Kind of a good cop, bad cop thing, and Ronny reciprocated by fouling a little too much. At least that's my take.

75Zag
06-18-2008, 09:46 AM
It was fun to see Boston win another championship. I would have liked to see Luke Walton and Ronny win rings, but I just can't stomach the Lakers no matter how hard I try. When Ronny leaves the Lakers is when I start praying for him to win a national championship. Heck, I would even cheer for the Oklahoma City Lying Teamstealers (is that their new name?) to win a championship if Ronny were playing there instead of in LA.

MedZag
06-18-2008, 10:36 AM
As much as I would have loved to see Ronny win a ring, it will be nice to hear the Kobe/MJ comparisons die off for a while.

Zagalicious
06-18-2008, 10:46 AM
....that wont happen as long as he's playing

cjm720
06-18-2008, 12:08 PM
As much as I would have loved to see Ronny win a ring, it will be nice to hear the Kobe/MJ comparisons die off for a while.

Not even close as long as it's a team sport. Kobe = baby. MJ = man.

gamagin
06-18-2008, 01:09 PM
as mentioned on this thread by others. not sure what his role was supposed to be, so maybe he was underutilized.

Didn't look to me like he got into any type of groove, to me, and didn't seem comfortable or dominant in his matchups.

Of course, the same could be said for the whole LA team, which was simply beaten soundly by a better team.

There are bound to be a few player changes in LA. I hope Ronny is not among them. I don't think he should be. He's still developing and was a steady contributor all season long.

We'll see.

Kudos to the Celtics.

ZagNut08
06-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Lakers will be around for the next couple years

Ronny may very well not end up with the lakers next year.

Their two free agents are him and sasha vujacic. people seem to think sasha will get resigned and the lakers will go after some veteran ring chasers

Oahuzag
06-19-2008, 12:41 AM
I would love to see Ronny in Orlando, next to Dwight Howard. That would be awesome, I think Ronny could collect some stats next to a beast like Howard.

I do believe Ronny's a Free Agent, now. Even if someone signs him for a short contract, it will be along the lines of 3 years, 9 Million.

Payday!!!

ZagNut08
06-19-2008, 01:07 AM
Reports have been coming out in LakerLand about Ronny being less than classy towards fans. The latest thread deals with him supposidly flipping off some people on the freeway

You can read it here:

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=68884&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25

There are several others on the board about him, if you need something to get your upset

zagfan24
06-19-2008, 06:40 AM
It is amazing how much people idolize Jordan. Kobe is not the same player, and has his shortcomings -- but Mike was far from perfect.

Remember that he, too, #####ed at teammates for not passing him the ball, cheated on his wife, and was a prima donna in the locker room that everybody else had to work to keep happy.

Zagalicious
06-20-2008, 07:17 AM
It's ok to be a LAKER fan. All the Laker haters, were once Sac Kings fans,...wait! Then Suns fans, Wait! Now celtic fans......et...ect...ect

ZagNut08
06-20-2008, 07:24 AM
It's ok to be a LAKER fan. All the Laker haters, were once Sac Kings fans,...wait! Then Suns fans, Wait! Now celtic fans......et...ect...ect

Amen to that.

Psychozag
06-20-2008, 08:28 AM
Yep, I am a fan of whomever is beating the Lakers.

Zagalicious
06-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Hmmmm, if they werent a winning franchise, no one would hate them.

Gonzdb8
06-20-2008, 03:01 PM
It is amazing how much people idolize Jordan. Kobe is not the same player, and has his shortcomings -- but Mike was far from perfect.

Remember that he, too, #####ed at teammates for not passing him the ball, cheated on his wife, and was a prima donna in the locker room that everybody else had to work to keep happy.

i don't think most people idolize jordan because of his strict adherence to any moral or ethical code, but because he was, very simply, the best basketball player of all time.

i think game 7 finally put to rest any debate over whether kobe was better (or even as good as) mj.

CDC84
06-20-2008, 03:19 PM
It's really unfair to compare Jordan to Kobe because Jordan had one of the greatest players of the last 25 years by his side in Scottie Pippen. Kobe doesn't have anyone on the Laker roster who comes close to having Pippen's abilities on both sides of the ball.

Gonzdb8
06-20-2008, 04:47 PM
It's really unfair to compare Jordan to Kobe because Jordan had one of the greatest players of the last 25 years by his side in Scottie Pippen. Kobe doesn't have anyone on the Laker roster who comes close to having Pippen's abilities on both sides of the ball.

as a rockets fan i have absolutely no love for scottie quitten and i wouldn't call him one of the "greatest" of the last 25 years (guess it depends on how you define greatest because i do think he was a great player and surely a lock HOFer). but still, you do have a legit argument that kobe hasn't had the talented sidekick that jordan had. perhaps next year with the return of bynum and another year of pau in the system we might have a better base for comparison.