PDA

View Full Version : NBPA Top 100 Camp preview

ZagNative
06-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Lots of the "best will be playing at the NBPA Top 100 Camp, link here (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=3446072), including Anthony Stover, Anthony Marshall, Abdul Gaddy, and Jordan Morgan. (Wow, Aunt Lynette! Congrats to you and the young man. Quite an honor.)

The 2008 NBPA will feature five of the top 10 ESPN 2009 prospects, 18 of the top 25 and 74 of the ESPN 100. Also attending the camp are 18 of the top 30 2010 nationally rated players and four of the best prospects in the Class of 2011.

LynetteG
06-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Thanks ZN! We are thrilled with this honor! J has been working extremely hard to position himself to play well at the Div I level. Being invited to this camp is good validation that his hard work is paying off.

Interesting to see that on Js team is one 6-0 PG Peyton Siva, (Seattle/Franklin) along with 6-3 2G Anthony Marshall (Las Vegas, Nev./Windward).

The NBPA Top 100 Camp, which will feature more than 110 of the nation's top high school players in all age groups, is unquestionably the best basketball camp in America if not also the most unique; in addition to the outstanding basketball competition and skills development, the participants are instructed on life skills and education as they relate to the pressures and obstacles that prevent many promising young athletes from realizing their hoop dreams.

This camp will include more overall top national talent than any other high school basketball event. In fact, 20 of the 24 2008 McDonald's All-Americans had previously attended this camp.

theothegreat21
06-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Great find...its very cool to see that Anthony Marshall and Jordan Morgan will be on the same team. I'm very impressed by the group of great talent that the staff is pursuing for this 09 recruiting class

theothegreat21
06-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Just noticed that it is being hosted by UVA which is on Anthony Marshall's list...hopefully he is not blown away by their brand new facilities.

LynetteG
06-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Looks like Jordy will be blogging (http://www.umhoops.com/2008/06/17/jordan-morgan-blog-nbpa-camp/) from camp, or at least will write up how he saw it through his eyes.

Jordan Morgan Blog: NBPA Camp
AAU has pretty much come to an end for the spring. Now I have games with my school and summer camps coming up. We had our first week of camp with our new coach, Pat Donnelly from Grosse Pointe North. Iím really optimistic about the upcoming season and am really beginning to like my new coach and the way he runs things. We had four days of fundamental camp last Monday, June 9th, through Thursday, June 12th. Everything went very well and it was challenging. I made it a point to really challenge myself to really set an example for the younger generations of our program. We finished the week off with our first summer league games at Wayne Memorial high school. We won two back to back games late Friday night with only five players. On Saturday we won two games against John Glenn high school and Southfield Lathrup. I was able to take Sunday off to rest my body before leaving for Virginia.

Right now I am in Virginia on my way to the University of Virginia to begin the NBPA Top 100 Camp. We get checked in and situated on Tuesday and play goes from Wednesday through Saturday. Iím really looking forward to this camp for the knowledge that I will be able to gain, the exposure and the competition. I also received my report card for the end of the year and finished with a 3.92 for the semester bringing my overall to a 3.5. Everything is going really well.