PDA

View Full Version : Pargo Declares for...

zagster318
06-16-2008, 10:02 AM
GONZAGA!!!!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8251198/On-advice-of-brother,-Pargo-staying-in-school

SteeleMan
06-16-2008, 10:13 AM
good call!

zagfan08
06-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Great news!! Lead us to the Final Four JP!

zagster318
06-16-2008, 10:23 AM
ESPN now confirming it as well...:D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/news/story?id=3446325

sittingon50
06-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Sr. Night will be a Lovefest.

ToreroStudent
06-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Congratulations guys! I can even say that i'm happy about this. Brandon Johnson vs. Pargo is one of my favorite matchups in the conference and now i get to be treated to two more fantastic matchups. Enjoy your last year with him guys. It should be a really really good season all around for everyone and i'm really looking forward to it.

jim77
06-16-2008, 11:15 AM
"His return means the Zags will likely be a top 10 preseason team"

Me likey:)

a13coach
06-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Great to have him back.

SPOKANE, Wash. (June 16, 2008 – http://www.gozags.com (http://www.gozags.com/)) – Gonzaga University guard Jeremy Pargo has withdrawn his name from the 2008 NBA Draft and will return to the Bulldogs for his senior season.
“After careful consideration, I have decided to withdraw from the 2008 NBA Draft. Playing in the NBA is definitely a goal of mine and one I am confident I will accomplish,” Pargo said Monday as he was en route home to spend time with family prior to his return to Gonzaga. “But, at this time, I think it is in my best interest to return to Gonzaga for my senior year. I am excited about our team next year and expect that we will accomplish great things as a group.”
Bulldogs head coach Mark Few complimented Pargo for the process he undertook in arriving at his decision.
“We are proud of the way Jeremy handled himself throughout the entire process,” Few said. “He was able to gain some valuable experiences and information as to what it takes to play at the next level. I know he is excited to return to Gonzaga and get with his teammates, finish his degree and have a great senior year.”
Pargo, who announced April 15 he would make himself available for the draft but did not hire an agent, had until today (Monday) to announce his decision whether to return to school or enter the draft. Had he decided to pursue the draft he would have lost his final year of collegiate eligibility.
The native of Chicago, Ill., was named the West Coast Conference Player of the Year this past season, the eighth straight season a Bulldog has been so honored. He averaged 12.1 ppg overall, but it was the other facets of his game that often times made life rough for the opposition. He paced the conference in assists at 6.0/game overall and 6.50 in WCC action, he was 10th overall in steals with 1.38 and fourth in WCC games at 2.07 and posted a 1.84 assist/turnover ratio in all games and 2.28 in WCC contests.

dnj116
06-16-2008, 03:38 PM
God I couldn't be happier. With his return we have a legit shot at going deep this year. Hope the younger point guards don't get upset with a lack of playing time but instead learn from his leadership and great play

MississppiZag
06-16-2008, 03:55 PM
Does anyone remember hearing Andy Katz say that there would be a new top 25 on June 17th? I think he said it in a discussion of early entry departures? If so i think we have a legit shot at being a top 5, and definitely top 10. If anyone finds this or remembers hearing about, please share.:)

Reborn
06-16-2008, 04:05 PM
Way to Go Pargo.
What a great day. First. One of the best US Open golf championships concluded today, but not until it had reached sudden death. And now Jeremy announcing that he'll be returning to GU. Thanks Pargo for coming back. ZagNation, I am so sure, is so relieved, and now so pumped for next season. Practice hard this summer. 300 shots a day, minimum.

Oregon Zag
06-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Whoopee! That made my day. That makes up (almost) for not getting NCAA 1st round tickets to the Rose Garden. Can't wait for the season! Go Zags!

BobZag
06-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Pargo
Downs
Daye
Gray
Bouldin
Heytvelt
Sacre

That's a very strong 7-man rotation. I didn't include Meech or Gibbs...or Ira. 2008-09 holds much promise. Senior leadership should be strong, too.

alaskazagnut
06-16-2008, 05:58 PM
The coming year will be exciting!!! Lets hope for another top notch non conference schedule and beat up on the entire WCC next year!!!