PDA

View Full Version : Expect great news soon

theothegreat21
06-15-2008, 03:11 PM
99.999999999999% chance that we all will be hearing some great news by the end of tomorrow.

http://thekennelreport.blogspot.com/

BroncoZAG615
06-15-2008, 03:21 PM
:D

hondo46
06-15-2008, 03:26 PM
I just don't like that slim chance, but I'd be real happy for him if it happens.

jbslicer
06-15-2008, 04:32 PM
He's coming back to GU. According to my daughter who checked his Face Book page.

MississppiZag
06-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Could you provide us with that message from FaceBook, please. I hope it's true:)

MBZags
06-15-2008, 06:08 PM
For those who don't know, people on Facebook have statuses where they can update what they're doing. Here is his:

"Jeremy Pargo
BACK 2 SCHOOL IT IS:(.
6:50pm"

Why the sad face, though?

Here are his statuses from the 11th:

Jeremy I can get drafted in the second round and make 450,000 a year, or go back 2 gonzaga and mayb get in the top20 next yr and make 1,000,000 a yr? what do u think?
1:57pm
Jeremy I can get drafted in the second round and make 450,000 a year, or mayb get in the top20 next yr and make 1,000,000 a yr? what do u think?
1:56pm
Jeremy stay in and be a second round draft pick and make 450,000$ a year, or 1 more year of spokane and maybe a top 20 pick and over 1,000,000$ a year, lol what should I do?
1:52pm

MississppiZag
06-15-2008, 06:14 PM
what?

NEZAGFAN
06-15-2008, 06:21 PM
what?

If your not familiar with facebook you pry won't understand it, people basically just update what they are doing and anyone who has them as a friend can see that..for instance my status is: CJ is pumped that Pargo is coming back! No need to worry if you don't understand it all that matters is he's coming back!!:) :)

saintzag
06-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Come back, Jeremy, take us to the final four.

Bighouse Gains
06-15-2008, 08:13 PM
His stock you really improve for next seasons draft. Not to mention the huge boost he gives to the Zags' backcourt.

MDABE80
06-15-2008, 08:35 PM
SOmething tells me that $450K figure wouldn't happen. Best to stay in school. get a degree, and come out swinging for the fences. AA pre season won't hurt Jeremy. Now it's on to ballhandling 1 A, 3 pt shooting 1 A, and FT shooting 1B ( since he was improving at year's end). He'll be fine if he works for it and focuses! No easy, softer way as Zags know....

Zagineer
06-15-2008, 10:34 PM
For those who don't know, people on Facebook have statuses where they can update what they're doing. Here is his:

"Jeremy Pargo
BACK 2 SCHOOL IT IS:(.
6:50pm"

Why the sad face, though?

I share the concern. It's an attitude issue. Makes all the difference in the world.

MedZag
06-15-2008, 10:52 PM
I share the concern. It's an attitude issue. Makes all the difference in the world.

Jeremy just spent the past 3 months pouring out his blood and sweat and flying all over the country in pursuit of a dream he's had since a little kid and ended up not hearing what he wanted from the higher-ups in the NBA. It may not fit into our perfect little ideas of what we want next season of Zags ball to be, but I think the guy is allowed to be a LITTLE disappointed.

"Attitude issue" my butt.

Zag79
06-15-2008, 11:46 PM
"Attitude issue"

ahh, another zag quality person labeling someone they dont know. JP has all the right in the world do disclose his feelings about not getting good word on the draft THIS year to friends and fam on sites like facebook. if i were him i would be a bit upset too. this doesnt mean he is going to come back and play his sr year with an attitde. LOL. he will back, and better than ever.

ToreroStudent
06-16-2008, 12:57 AM
Well, that should do it then. He's coming back. Me and Taj Gibson are friends on facebook as well and he did the same thing when he was debating going proo. I wouldn't worry about the :(. He's just disappointed. For many young athletes the pros are the pinnacle of our dreams. He's been dreamin g and dreaming of this and he realizes that it just isn't time yet He's so close, and he knows it. that's why the sad face is there. I don't think he's disappointed in coming back to GU, only disappointed that his dream of the NBA isn't here yet.

MickMick
06-16-2008, 04:28 AM
It doesn't hurt to have three years experience at the point. I hope his improvement continues at the same pace as previous years.

kitzbuel
06-16-2008, 04:31 AM
Jeremy just spent the past 3 months pouring out his blood and sweat and flying all over the country in pursuit of a dream he's had since a little kid and ended up not hearing what he wanted from the higher-ups in the NBA. It may not fit into our perfect little ideas of what we want next season of Zags ball to be, but I think the guy is allowed to be a LITTLE disappointed.

"Attitude issue" my butt.
I think I would be disappointed if he wasn't disappointed at a temporary setback in achieving a life goal. I think he is very goal oriented and, if last year is any measure, will directly address the areas that were pointed out as weaknesses over this last month. We get to be the benificiaries of that. Yea!

zagporvida
06-16-2008, 07:14 AM
Updated 30 minutes ago

SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL

zag67
06-16-2008, 08:05 AM
And people should think how they would feel when they are on the job. When you think that you have a chance for a propotion and then find out that you did not get it. How would you feel that next day? Just like him, and in most cases they will tell you, that you need to improve certain areas. Your job would be to then go back, think about it, and then do all in your power to improve those areas.

I think that we will see the same with JP. He knows he is close and after the last month, he knows what areas he needs to improve.

theothegreat21
06-16-2008, 08:55 AM
I think it is just disrespectful to Jeremy to say that he may have some sort of attitutde problem. As MedZag stated, Jeremy just put his heart and soul in to pursuing his dream, and unfortunately for him came up a little bit short. I think that this process will only make Jeremy work harder on the little parts of his game that need to be tweaked. I believe that Jeremy will be a 1st or 2nd team All-American next season.

theothegreat21
06-16-2008, 10:10 AM
As Zagster318 mentioned in a new thread, Pargo is officially returning. We can now change that to a 100% chance of great news today :)

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8251198/On-advice-of-brother,-Pargo-staying-in-school