PDA

View Full Version : What will you be doing on Selection Sunday?

ZagNative
03-07-2007, 11:40 PM
If I'm correct, the brackets will be announced on CBS starting at 3:00 PST. The idea of watching that Packer Nantz team pains me, but oh well. For the love of the game ... After that, ESPN has scheduled a 90-minute bracketology show, where we'll be able to get the commentary of the ESPN regulars.

Where will you be watching the bracket announcements? Will there be an on-campus gathering to watch the pairings and seedings line up?

bulldogshawn
03-08-2007, 12:11 AM
I'll be trying to convince the family that we aren't ready to leave yet for the ski trip, so that I have time to fill out a complete bracket. Headed to Canada, so no internet, no ESPN, and no phone to call somehow here to relay my picks. And not coming home in time either! This could be a good fight to start off the family vacation. :(

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-08-2007, 04:08 AM
I'll be avoiding the CBS bracket announcements altogether and waiting to learn our fate from the ESPN show. Nantz is ok, but Billy Packer makes me want to :vomit-smiley-007:

LongIslandZagFan
03-08-2007, 04:46 AM
I'll be avoiding the CBS bracket announcements altogether and waiting to learn our fate from the ESPN show. Nantz is ok, but Billy Packer makes me want to :vomit-smiley-007:

Easy solution... you don't need sound. Just turn it on and mute it. :D

thickman1
03-08-2007, 05:45 AM
I'll be pulling my hair out supervising my 7-yr old daughter's birthday party along with 20 of her frields. Sigh...

DenDiegoZag
03-08-2007, 06:59 AM
According to Google, the weather will be in the 70's, so that means I will be sitting with about 6 other alums on a patio bar on the boardwalk in Pacific Beach, beer-in-hand, watching the selection show after a morning surf...Now for March 8th, thats not half bad...

sanfranzagsguy20
03-08-2007, 08:15 AM
packer isnt the main guy on cbs's selection show....its usually greg gumbel and seth davis who reveal the brackets and then they go to packer and nantz for analysis...i'd mute it then if you don't like him but you gotta love nantz and you dont have to mute it when when the brackets first come out...

espn's coverage is kind of laughable sometimes because they do their sportscenter highlights and then all of a sudden reveal the brackets after one of their guys gets the scoop from the cbs show...brings some humility to the eastern sports network which i of course love

CampChamp
03-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Will there be an on-campus gathering to watch the pairings and seedings line up?

The selection show will be during spring break, so odds are that there will be no on-campus gathering to watch seedings other than whatever the team may be doing.

Zagpower
03-08-2007, 08:28 AM
I'll be watching and hoping that the Zags are placed in a Thursday-Saturday site so I don't have to miss any of the NCAA games in Spokane.

BobZag
03-08-2007, 08:56 AM
I'll be watching and hoping that the Zags are placed in a Thursday-Saturday site so I don't have to miss any of the NCAA games in Spokane.

Same here, ZP. I have two tix for the Friday-Sunday games. An alternative to CBS's TV coverage is ESPN Radio's coverage... 700 AM in Spokane.

jonesed
03-08-2007, 09:34 AM
creating a little corner of zagNation in Lincoln Square, Chicago. my house. projector. HUGE console stereo speakers. pissed off puerto rican neighbors downstairs - THE TABLES ARE TURNED BABY! who knows maybe they'll finally come up and party w/ me.

CDC84
03-08-2007, 09:35 AM
I will be watching CBS, but staying away from ESPN. Digger and Dicky V spend the whole time griping about all the teams that were left out...as if the tournament had 124 teams in it..........

Zags4life
03-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Hoping that GU isn't among the first slate of games Thursday morning. My flight to Vegas doesn't land until 8:30, so it'll be a tough to get to the Mandalay before tip-off....

Oregon Zag
03-08-2007, 12:15 PM
We sit in front of the TV watching anxiously for Gonzaga. We take notes from comments made about the match-ups and try to pick our favorites. Then on Monday 8 of us get together, put $100 each into a ### and draw numbers for all 8 rounds. #1 gets first pick, first round, etc. All 64 teams are divided among the 8 of us for the tournament. Drawing a 7 or 8 on any round is bad, especially the first round. If a picked team makes it to the final 4, you get your $ back. Last year I ended up with George Mason! What a shock. Anyway, it's a mad scramble to rate teams before we draw. It makes the whole tournament fun. Wish me luck!

RenoZag
03-08-2007, 12:58 PM
I will be in the inner sanctum with a notebook from 3 pm to 5:30 pm, jotting down a few snide remarks about the various talking heads so that I have fuel for my snide postings later in the evening. . .

Beverage of choice and a small amount of snack food products will accompany me as will my collie, Cooper. He loves to share !

former1dog
03-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Same thing I do every Sunday...

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/8536b9d5b6.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

TuckC
03-08-2007, 01:29 PM
2:30- Pile up the snacks
2:45- Print off Several Brackets for the annual Family Bracket Busting
2:50- Bet on seeding for local teams
3:00- Yell at family member to shut up, Greg Gumble is mumbling something! :pray:
3:05- Say, "WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY SEEDED?":pray:
3:10- "Wait? Why no love?" :confused:
3:15- Go on here to see what you all have to say, seeing as always the Zags will get screwed.
3:30- Turn on ESPN and wait until Bracketology to see Dick Vitale say the #7 seed Dukies will go to the final four. :lmao:

Zag79
03-08-2007, 02:32 PM
get together with friends and fam, watch the big screen and munch on snack while we see GU get a 12 seed, and tehn march on to the S16. cant wait.:D

lothar98zag
03-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Hoping that GU isn't among the first slate of games Thursday morning. My flight to Vegas doesn't land until 8:30, so it'll be a tough to get to the Mandalay before tip-off....
Vegas for the opening weekend is great fun. I did it several years ago -actually watched the GU-AZ game in a bar @ the Mandalay.

ok, I better stop - I'm getting jealous...

RenoZag
03-09-2007, 05:34 AM
2:30- Pile up the snacks
2:45- Print off Several Brackets for the annual Family Bracket Busting
2:50- Bet on seeding for local teams
3:00- Yell at family member to shut up, Greg Gumble is mumbling something! :pray:
3:05- Say, "WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY SEEDED?":pray:
3:10- "Wait? Why no love?" :confused:
3:15- Go on here to see what you all have to say, seeing as always the Zags will get screwed.
3:30- Turn on ESPN and wait until Bracketology to see Dick Vitale say the #7 seed Dukies will go to the final four. :lmao:

Nice job, TuckC

ZagSlug
03-09-2007, 06:05 AM
Headed to Canada, so no internet, no ESPN, and no phone to call somehow here to relay my picks.

Shawn, is Canada stuck in 1872 or are you going somewhere remote?

I will watch it not really caring too much about seeds, if GU did not win the WCC tourney it would be very interesting to see if they would get in. Most of the talking heads on ESPN were saying that the win over USD got the Zags in.......guess we will never know if that schedule would have been rewarded with an at-large bid.

Bulldog
03-09-2007, 07:09 AM
Packing for a trip to Disneyland. Maybe the Zag's will be there. No, that wasn't the Super Bowl they won, it was the WCC tourney. I'm going anyway.:D

Zags4life
03-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Vegas for the opening weekend is great fun. I did it several years ago -actually watched the GU-AZ game in a bar @ the Mandalay.

The Mandalay book is my absolute favorite non-live sports venue. I didn't get to watch that GU-AZ epic there, but the Zona-Illini regional final in 2005 was great theater -- half Cat fans, half Illini fans, and our group in the middle betting the over....

LynetteG
03-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Shawn, is Canada stuck in 1872 or are you going somewhere remote?

As a frequent visitor to British Columbia, I can tell you that ESPN is not allowed to be broadcast up there. It's depressing. I get very excited when I am up there on ski weekends and the game is on KHQ, because I can get that channel! Now, I can't answer his question about why no internet, because I have that up there, too.