PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and Prayers for Grant Gibbs and His Family and Friends in Iowa

ZagNative
06-13-2008, 10:26 AM
The town of Marion, where Grant attends HS, is 3.5 miles (per mapquest.com) from Cedar Rapids, where major flooding is occurring (http://www.gazetteonline.com/). I hope the Gibbs family is safe and will not suffer major property damage.

Looking forward to hearing news of Grant on the Gonzaga campus soon! I hope the situation in his home town will not delay his departure for Spokane ...

Nevtelen
06-13-2008, 10:33 AM
I'll second that. I used to have family in Cedar Rapids (no longer, though). Here's to hoping that the flooding gets better and all affected recover quickly and completely.

LionPride
06-14-2008, 12:27 PM
I can tell you that Grant, his family and his home are fine. Marion is far enough from the river that we are not affected. Many are much less fortunate.

ZagNative
06-14-2008, 12:52 PM
LionPride, is there anything the Gonzaga community can do to help? Do you have any feel for what the eventual damage toll looks like it's going to be? I see mention on that Gazetteonline.com site of a 500-year flood plane. Is this flood a 500-year-type flood?

I see this morning what appears to be news that the river has dropped some. Will it be receding soon?