PDA

View Full Version : OT - NCAA hearing for Indiana in Seattle today

CDC84
06-13-2008, 10:20 AM
A summary:

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=423114

Rob Senderoff, an excellent recruiting assistant coach, was ordered not to recruit off-campus for a year -- and subsequently was removed from his position amid preseason practice. The school self-imposed several recruiting restrictions involving time spent evaluating players and docked the program one scholarship. Sampson reached a separation agreement with IU in late February, as the Hoosiers still were chasing a Big Ten championship. They went 3-4 in their final seven games and were eliminated in their first Big Ten and NCAA Tournament games. The program's two top recruits -- point guard Terrell Holloway and small forward Devin Ebanks -- asked to be released from their letters of intent. Three returning regulars were dismissed from the program and two others requested transfers. There is not a single player left in the program who was recruited to be on scholarship.

Kiddwell
06-13-2008, 01:12 PM
...and a half.

I actually like Indiana. I've a friend with whom I carry on a friendly $5 bet whenever the Zags and Indiana lock horns.

Not a single scholarship player left? From an over-all fan's perspective, this's too bad.

:[

MississppiZag
06-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Looks like we can lock next year's game up as a win. Probably a blowout. Sorenson will get all the playing time he wants in that game.

RenoZag
06-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Indiana knew Sampson was a sleazeball when they hired him. . .they got what they deserve

thebigsmoove
06-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Indiana knew Sampson was a sleazeball when they hired him. . .they got what they deserve

agreed,

Conversely, as they should have done originally they hired a class act in Tom Crean to clean up a sleazy program and return it to a big ten contender again, heres hoping that they are realing enough to agree to a home and home with the zags in the next couple years so we can get another marquee win under our belts.

CDC84
06-13-2008, 09:39 PM
I hate to say this, but having the program fall to pieces like this might be for the best. It will allow Crean to put his stamp on the program from the ground up, and the boosters who remain tied to the program from Red Sweater's days will be forced to exercise patience at the highest level. No coach on the dang planet - Knight, Wooden, Phil Jackson, Coack K, you name it - would be able to make Indiana into a power overnight. This is going to be a multi-year project.

zagco
06-13-2008, 10:03 PM
Zagco agrees you gotta wipe the slate clean. It seems like programs that get stuck in .500-ish mediocrity have a heck of a time getting out of it. Not quite bad enough to do what really needs to be done, but just never really good enough to jump over the hump.

MickMick
06-13-2008, 11:51 PM

Maybe that is why they targeted Mark Few first.

Indiana's troubles only make Few more desireable as a BCS hire.