PDA

View Full Version : We Pursued (but failed at) a Home & Home with USC!

SLOZag
06-13-2008, 02:32 AM
Did anyone here know that we were trying to schedule a home and home series with USC? That's right -- the University of South Carolina -- the Fighting Gamecocks. :) GoGamecocks.com reports:

"[Prior USC coach] Odom had been working on scheduling a home-and-home with Gonzaga, but [new coach] Horn chose not to follow through. Youve gotta go all the way to the West Coast. Im not a big fan of that, Horn said. I think we lost a game this year (at Western Kentucky) because of that."

http://www.thestate.com/gogamecocks/story/432706.html

When "Paradise at the North End of the Palouse" is two time zones away for a prospective opponent, getting that opponent to hit the road is apparently a real challenge.

mnzag24
06-13-2008, 05:11 AM
Did anyone here know that we were trying to schedule a home and home series with USC? That's right -- the University of South Carolina -- the Fighting Gamecocks. :) GoGamecocks.com reports:

"[Prior USC coach] Odom had been working on scheduling a home-and-home with Gonzaga, but [new coach] Horn chose not to follow through. Youve gotta go all the way to the West Coast. Im not a big fan of that, Horn said. I think we lost a game this year (at Western Kentucky) because of that."
http://www.thestate.com/gogamecocks/story/432706.html

When "Paradise at the North End of the Palouse" is two time zones away for a prospective opponent, getting that opponent to hit the road is apparently a real challenge.

this guy should buy a globe, although maybe i'm wrong, didn't know western kentucky was on the beach

kitzbuel
06-13-2008, 05:30 AM
I dunno, that's a whale of a trek through eastern Tennessee.

RenoZag
06-13-2008, 06:42 AM
Maybe he was worried about the availability of grits and country gravy

TreeLover
06-13-2008, 06:52 AM
this guy should buy a globe, although maybe i'm wrong, didn't know western kentucky was on the beach

The new South Carolina coach came from Western Kentucky and is talking about what happened when he was the coach there. He is not talking about a USC - Western Kentucky game.

BobZag
06-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Traveling east is much tougher than traveling west. Zags travel east all the time. Too bad Horn is afraid of one trip west. Go Gamecocks.

thebigsmoove
06-13-2008, 02:18 PM
speaking as someone living in the south (Kentucky) the grits and country gravy is delicious, secondly Who wants a game with a SEC cellar dweller like South Carolina, if i was the AD at GU i would say, thank God this fell through, because now he can fill the schedule with someone like UT or Duke, id much rather have a real "east coast" team in that schedule.

BTW, i saw WKU all year and they were very underrated, i dont think many should have been surprised by their deep tourney run, they gave the zags a tough time in Alaska...