PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Honeycutt New Offers

MississppiZag
06-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Not sure how to post a link so maybe someone can give me a hand?

Tyler now has UCLA at the top of his list, along with GU, Washington, and Arizona. Looks like we will have a battle on our hands. I know it is early, but i'm starting to get nervous that we not get Hill or Honeycutt. Especially seeing how we still have not offered him yet. Maybe good news will come after the camp.

ZagNative
06-12-2008, 03:56 PM
MZ, easy way to do it is to click in the address at the top of your screen where the story appears, right click, and select "Copy," (or just press Control+C), then go to your post here and pess control+V to past the link.

If you want to not have the whole link appear, like:
http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/761806.html

But instead want it to appear like "Link (http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/761806.html),"
Highlight some text here (in the above case the word, "Link") and then click the blue globe sixth from the right above the post editing box and Press Control +V to paste the address you've copied as above. I usually hit the preview button below the edit screen to make sure the links look right before saving and posting.

MississppiZag
06-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Thanks ZN. I have noticed that we are after a lot of great players, but have not offered them as of yet(i.e. Burton, Dower, Stover, Honeycutt, Bak-not sure, and Solomon Hill). Should we expect to have news of most of these players being offered after the camp, when they will meet face-to-face with Mark Few?:confused: My guess is that we will know more of who we are going after, at the end of the camp, when hopefully there are reports over it.

ZagNative
06-12-2008, 04:14 PM
I don't necessarily assume that if neither Rivals nor Scout shows an offer, we haven't offered, because they often don't update the player page on those sites, even when they've posted stories elsewhere on their sites where the kid says he's been offered by a school.

If their profile pages say "Yes" in the offer box for the school, my assumption is that it's true, but not necessarily if it says "no."

It's an imprecise science, to say the least, reading the recruiting tea leaves about offers and school listings, because the school can't confirm or deny under NCAA rules, and so you're relying on a kid to not "puff" his resume and for the sites to be up-to-date in their tracking.

My tea-leaf reading of the story I linked above would lead me to believe we haven't offered, because it says that his mother said Arizona State, Washington, San Diego, San Diego State and Santa Clara have offerred," and USC offered after Tyler attended their Elite camp.

Where'd you see UCLA is at the top of his list? I don't that in the most recent stories I see on Rivals and Scout. Maybe true, but I don't see it in text anyplace yet.

MississppiZag
06-12-2008, 04:27 PM
On his profile, he has UCLA, UW, GU, and AU all as hig and a few others as medium.

MississppiZag
06-12-2008, 04:36 PM
I think Bak Bak is my new favorite, and the one recruit i am rooting for the most. Joe Burton is a close second, followed by Sam Dower. We probably can't get all 3 of them, so i feel like Honeycutt is a good option too.

How did Anthony Marshall's visit to Miami, hopefully bad:D Does he have a planned visit to Gonzaga?

ZagNative
06-12-2008, 04:38 PM
We'll see if we survive that UCLA elite camp still in the running. From BruinOnline.com (http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=2&c=761694), Tracy Pierson says:

There is also Tyler Honeycutt, the 6-7 small forward from Sylmar (Calif.) High, who is scheduled to be at the camp, who we recently ranked as the #1 small forward in the west. It’s critical for Honeycutt, too, to get in front of Howland.I wonder when their camp is.

Edited to add: Dang! It would help if I'd actually read the whole story carefully. It says UCLA's camp is the end of June! So now I wonder when ours actually will be .... I thought ours was going to be end of June ... Crum.:(

The life of a recruit tracker is very hard ....

BobZag
06-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Let's hope UCLA does not offer. If they offer, Gonzaga's chances are greatly diminished. I feel the Zags have a legit shot vs Arizona and Romar. But UCLA is a whole nother story.

The biggest selling points for Few to Honeycutt--

1. Be the heir apparent to Adam Morrison and Austin Daye, two lottery picks.
2. Over 50% of games on ESPN, the other 50% on FSN.
3. NCAA Tourney every March.
4. A stable coaching staff.

spudzag
06-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Yah I know I've said this before, but UCLA can't snag every PSA. And yah they get seem to get most the ones they want.

Lance Stevenson has an offer from them. He's obviously their #1 target at SF. Appears they are looking at Tyler and Shawn Williams as back ups. There is a good chance he will never get an offer from UCLA.

On air chair coaches opinion.

MDABE80
06-12-2008, 08:47 PM
All one of these kids would need to do is note how much playing time the backups get playing behind those 4 or 5 star kids Ben brings in. If they look, GU becomes a lot more attractive. Like Nebraska fottball in the 70's, lots of kids rode pine becaue NU didn't want them going elsewhere. Sure , they got schollies but not much else. Few develops kids. It should be an attraction.

thebigsmoove
06-13-2008, 02:26 PM
...Over 50% of games on ESPN, the other 50% on FSN...

The FSN part is not a great acheivment, idk if you live in spokane, prolly do, but that is a regional tv spot, which means its only televised in a small radius, his parents wouldnt be able to watch him play in Cali. And i dont get any FSN games here in Louisville, KY GRRRR!

but the ESPN part is great, that is truly one of the highest aired non BCS teams in the nation, we get more national tv spots than a lot of majors out there...

BobZag
06-13-2008, 02:45 PM
The FSN part is not a great acheivment, idk if you live in spokane, prolly do, but that is a regional tv spot, which means its only televised in a small radius, his parents wouldnt be able to watch him play in Cali. And i dont get any FSN games here in Louisville, KY GRRRR!

but the ESPN part is great, that is truly one of the highest aired non BCS teams in the nation, we get more national tv spots than a lot of majors out there...

If anyone has Dish or DirecTV, they can tune into all of the regional FSNs, no matter where they live. I have many friends in Cal who see every game.

NEZAGFAN
06-13-2008, 02:49 PM
If anyone has Dish or DirecTV, they can tune into all of the regional FSNs, no matter where they live. I have many friends in Cal who see every game.

BZ is correct, I live in Nebraska and can pick up all the FSN broadcast with Dish.

thebigsmoove
06-13-2008, 02:50 PM

Tu chez...i however have cable, oh well...i could just fork over 150$ a year to get the tv package on cable, but dang...

BobZag
06-13-2008, 04:15 PM
http://www.dishnetwork.com

http://www.directv.com

It's worth the switch. Any Zag's family in any state can just switch from cable to satelite and, voila, they don't miss a game.

Nevtelen
06-13-2008, 04:22 PM
I made the switch this last season (because of the ESPN U games) and haven't looked back.

MickMick
06-13-2008, 04:49 PM
I have Dish Network (with DVR and High Def). Rarely do I miss watching the Zags and often watch multiple replays. Worth every penny.

Anyone know when FSN will be broadcasting in HD? Hopefully this upcoming season.

thespywhozaggedme
06-13-2008, 04:54 PM
When we moved to SC, I got Dish and paid for the sports tier package specifically so I wouldn't miss any of my beloved Zags games. Then a bunch of games were broadcast on ESPNU which isn't even part of the extra sports tier. Apparently a bunch of games are going to be on "The U" again this season. CURSE YOU ESPNU!:argh: :argh:

spokanebruin
06-14-2008, 06:50 AM
Yah I know I've said this before, but UCLA can't snag every PSA. And yah they get seem to get most the ones they want.

Lance Stevenson has an offer from them. He's obviously their #1 target at SF. Appears they are looking at Tyler and Shawn Williams as back ups. There is a good chance he will never get an offer from UCLA.

On air chair coaches opinion.

I don't believe UCLA is actively recruiting Lance Stepheson. I'm very skeptical that he even has an offer. I think this is a case of a player recruiting a school. Shawn Williams has stated that UCLA is his favorite. But if Honeycutt shows up at the elite camp and impresses Howland enough to get an offer...I think his recruitment will be over fairly soon.

MississppiZag
06-14-2008, 07:12 AM
Recent media reports suggested that Lance Stephenson had cut his list of prospective schools to three. On Friday night, Stephenson confirmed that Kansas, Kentucky, and UCLA are the three finalists. -From Scout dated 6/14.

Maybe this will help SpokaneBruin. Pretty sure they are going after him. if he goes to someone else, then maybe they will go after Honeycutt. As of now it is between Gonzaga, Washington, and Arizona, with UCLA not to far behind. I hope Lance goes to UCLA.:D

nonzagzag
06-14-2008, 08:47 AM
When we moved to SC, I got Dish and paid for the sports tier package specifically so I wouldn't miss any of my beloved Zags games. Then a bunch of games were broadcast on ESPNU which isn't even part of the extra sports tier. Apparently a bunch of games are going to be on "The U" again this season. CURSE YOU ESPNU!:argh: :argh:

You can get ESPNU on Dish... you have to upgrade to the 'America's top 250' package which costs extra of course -but you can just keep it for a couple months when the games are on and then downgrade back to your usual package.

spokanebruin
06-14-2008, 10:26 PM
Recent media reports suggested that Lance Stephenson had cut his list of prospective schools to three. On Friday night, Stephenson confirmed that Kansas, Kentucky, and UCLA are the three finalists. -From Scout dated 6/14.

Maybe this will help SpokaneBruin. Pretty sure they are going after him. if he goes to someone else, then maybe they will go after Honeycutt. As of now it is between Gonzaga, Washington, and Arizona, with UCLA not to far behind. I hope Lance goes to UCLA.:D

I know about the Scout report...I've just heard very good info that Stephenson is not a real option. I believe that Honeycutt will become a high priority for Ben.

BobZag
06-15-2008, 09:09 AM
I know about the Scout report...I've just heard very good info that Stephenson is not a real option. I believe that Honeycutt will become a high priority for Ben.

"Damn you. Damn you all to Hell." -Charleton Heston, Planet of the Apes.

Well, if we lose Tyler to UCLA, it won't be shocking news. That's what Solomon Hill, Jeff Reid and to a degree Bak Bak are there for, plus in 2010 there is Kevin Noreen. At 6'6", Bol Kong and/or Mangisto Arop also have the height to play wing/SF.

That said, Honeycutt would be ideal to follow in the tradition of Morrison and Daye, imo.

Welcome aboard, spokanebruin.

[I thought Stepheson wanted to stay close to home. KU and UK are not close to LA, last I checked my atlas.]

MississppiZag
06-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Lance not Alex:)

BobZag
06-15-2008, 09:40 AM
I see, says the blind man.

MississppiZag
06-16-2008, 04:47 AM
Washington picked up a JC player today which gives them 13 players for the 2009 season. It looks like they will have one scholarship open for that particular year. This bodes well for the likes of Honeycutt, Marshall, and Cunningham. Both GU and UW were looking at all three of these players. It looks like this will open up some chances for Honeycutt. If they run out of schollies, it looks like it could be between GU, UCLA, and Arizona. For some reason i don't see UCLA offering, but if they do that could end his recruitment really quickly.

spudzag
06-16-2008, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=BobZag;229825]"Damn you. Damn you all to Hell." -Charleton Heston, Planet of the Apes.

Well, if we lose Tyler to UCLA, it won't be shocking news. That's what Solomon Hill, Jeff Reid and to a degree Bak Bak are there for, plus in 2010 there is Kevin Noreen. At 6'6", Bol Kong and/or Mangisto Arop also have the height to play wing/SF.
QUOTE]

Love the Planet of the Apes reference, you're showing your age. :)

Haven't heard a thing about Jeff Reid in a while, what's up, if anything?