PDA

View Full Version : I have tickets to the NCAAs in Spokane

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
03-07-2007, 08:59 PM
but I'm wondering, should I wear the zags hat or sweatshirt, and then, is it acceptable to order a sweatshirt/hat from the teams that I'm supporting (Winthrop for example, should they end up in Spoketoxin) or is that a total fashion faux pas for a North Idaho boy who's a GU Grad? I don't know, I'd like to support the other cool programs, but is it just a bit too avant garde for a Zagaholic - help?

So many questions - and, can the supporting schools get their gear here in time? the last time the NCAAs were in town a Dayton fan swapped me for a GU tshirt at the season ticket, so I've been a Dayton sympathizer (the Flyers, how can you not be?) ever since....help fashionistas

PS, this is intended to be an extremely light-hearted thread (for example, ex-gu, whose gear would you don with pride, with trepidation? Have fun with it! We have a long time till Sunday - I don't care who we play for the moment, we'll find out on CBS - I just want to know who you think is legit to wear - or to allow your kids to wear, (I have a son who is very fond of the Creighton Bluejays, he has a great - great - great something grandfather who was a founder and I've impressed upon him the nobility of that particular institution, for example.)

Disclaimer: the wearing of Husky apparel is never to be allowed, tolerated or encouraged in my household!

Proudzagmom
03-08-2007, 07:55 AM
94:

I think it is okay to wear the t-shirt or sweatshirt of other schools. I have watched college basketball for years and in the recent past I have had fun watching Marquette's Deaner and Wade, U of O's Ridnour and Jackson, and Creighton's Korver. I would definitely wear any of these schools gear, if they were to play in the Arena. Also, as I've stated before, we live in Cougar Country, and my sister-in-law is a WAZZU graduate, so we own several WSU t-shirts. But, if I had to choose on any given day, the ZAGS "stuff" would win hands down.

Edited to add:
WSU=Yes Uof W=NO (Never has been allowed, never will be.) Thanks for reminding me JL.

JLGutrocks
03-08-2007, 08:07 AM
I will be there in full Gonzaga gear. Wear what you want. It's whats in your heart that counts. Not what clothing you wear.

edited to say UW gear is never allowed in my house. Period.

BobZag
03-08-2007, 09:20 AM
I will be there in full Gonzaga gear. Wear what you want. It's whats in your heart that counts. Not what clothing you wear.

edited to say UW gear is never allowed in my house. Period.

Gonzaga cap and shirt here. If Winthrop or some other school I respect is in Spokane, I could buy a cap or banner or something. I'll be there.

jonesed
03-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Wear all of the above with a nice pair of Prada Goggles. Fabulous! Too sexy for Spokane. They won't know what hit them.

john montana
03-08-2007, 10:06 AM
i'll be there too...will wear my gonzaga sweatshirt, and duke t shirt! heh heh...

lawzag
03-08-2007, 01:03 PM
I'll be there decked out in GU wear - I mean if you've got it ... flaunt it!! Although if Oregon happens to play here I will have to wear "some" Duck gear for my son (who's currently a Duck).

Feel free to support your favorite team that's playing, but always save a spot to display your true allegiance to the ZAGS!

NEVER - EVER - wear UW gear!