PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Noreen on Scout.com

MississppiZag
06-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Kevin has interest from Iowa State, George Mason, Northwestern, Colorado Sate, Gonzaga, and William Mary.

Gonzaga and W&M are the only ones who have offered, and Kevin Noreen will be attending the camp at the end of June. He seems to be a great player and hope to see him as a Zag. 2010 is a long time from now, though:D

zag39
06-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Is he playing football?
I hope not.

ZagNative
06-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Link to the Scout (subscription) story (http://gonzaga.scout.com/a.z?s=130&p=2&c=761208).
Salient points:

June: Gonzaga camp at the end of the month
Minnesota Elite camp June 22-23
North Dakota State team camp next weekend
Northern Iowa team camp.July: Adidas Phenoms Camp July 10-13
NY2LA Sports Next Level Invitational (at Homestead High School in Mequon, Wis., July 6-9)
AAU 16U Super Showcase (at Disney's Wide World of Sports Milk House Complex in Kissimmee, Fla., July 22-24
AAU 16U Division I National Championship (at the Josten Center in Kissimmee July 25-30.

BobZag
06-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Anybody good enough to be offered by William & Mary is good enough for me.

:D

spudzag
06-10-2008, 05:59 PM
He isn't going to be an under the radar find or a late bloomer. Signers early or not at all is my guess.

kitzbuel
06-10-2008, 06:15 PM

:D
I don't know about that, William & Mary hasn't made the NCAA tournament for 315 years.

ZagNative
06-10-2008, 06:23 PM

:DFrom Wiki,
William & Mary is one of 32 teams in D-I history to have never participated in the NCAA Tournament. The closest effort by the Tribe to reach it is when they lost the 2008 CAA Tournament Final, 68-59, to George Mason University.

The only postseason playoff berth by the men’s team was the 1983 National Invitation Tournament (NIT). William & Mary lost the opening game to the Virginia Tech Hokies, however, by a score of 85-79.However, they will kick our overconfident hineys in the Marine Sciences lab and are one of the most selective colleges in the country, per Wiki.

That makes me think they're all skinny bookworms. I was going to go over on their hoops board and start some kind of unpleasant recruiting war, but the last activity on The Tribe Has Spoken (http://thetribehasspoken.net/) was from March 11. They're probably all out working their way toward their inevitable Nobel Prizes, whereas everyone knows the American Way is for kids to devote their summer supply of gray matter to figuring how to smuggle beer onto the public beach in Coeur d'Alene.

sittingon50
06-10-2008, 07:23 PM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

BobZag
06-11-2008, 09:27 AM
William & Mary has had some bad breaks is all. They're a hoops power but they keep it secret. Second-oldest college on the land. I hope someday Gonzaga can become the second-oldest college in the country.

Kevin is my fave.