3-Anthony Stover
4-Steven Bjornstad
5-Eric Hutchinson
6-Chris Cunningham
7-Trevor Williams
8-Chris Manressa
9-Brandon Davies
10-Joe Burton

There is no way Burton should be at the bottom. The players at the 4,5,7,8, and 9 spots are not even 3 stars. Burton should be no lower than #4.

It is nice to see that we have options for bigs:Burton, Bak, Cunningham, Stover, and Dower. Any idea of which two will emerge as the top two targets as far as bigs. We should pursue all of them, just in case. I am hoping for Burton and Dower, and if scholarships allow, Bak. To go along with Arop and Honeycutt.

A class of Arop, Honeycutt, Dower, and Burton would be one of the best ever. If Daye leaves, hopefully we can get Anthony Marshall or Bak or even hold it for the next yr. I just can not believe that list.:confused:

CDC84
06-10-2008, 03:37 PM
There are some people who are overlooking Burton because of the baby fat he needs to shed, as well as his 6-7 height. Fact is, he might have better hands and passing ability than any big on that list, including Renardo Sidney.

As far as I am concerned....let him be overlooked. It'll just make him that much easier for Gonzaga to land.

BTW....I wish Greg Smith would be interested in Gonzaga, but it's just not in the cards.

spudzag
06-10-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm all for the overlooked player too. I'm really please that Stover, Cunningham and Burton have all said they are going to visit this summer. All are good options. Burton sounds like the preference, and frankly I love his size, but for me the other too would be just fine too. We've got to be able to get one of the 3.

BobZag
06-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Bak Bak.

spudzag
06-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Bak Bak = 4

Burton = 5

Yes? No?

MississppiZag
06-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Joe Burton would be a great get for this team, and could be an instant contributor. He is the gem of the class, and i would love to see him play along side Sacre. It would be fun to watch them at the PF and C. What a two headed monster that would be.

It will be fun to watch if we can have something like this: Sacre, Poling, Burton, and Bak or Dower. We would have Sacre for the big pounding Center and a great all around big man in Burton. Poling supposively is a good finesse player with a good low post game. Bak and Dower could put us over the top, with both bringing athleticism and explosiveness. That would be one of the top frontcourts in my opinion. What great all around balance that would be.

I can not say it enough, but our front court recruits brings me more excitement than anything for this recruiting season. I keep my fingers crossed for Burton, Bak, and Dower. We seem to be in good position for Burton and Dower, not sure about Bak. I can't wait to see who we get as long as it is atleast two big men.

ToreroStudent
06-11-2008, 12:54 AM
I don't know many of these centers, but I can say a few things about Manresa. Let's put it this way, last year I went back to my alma mater Dana Hills High School to watch a game between the Dolphins and Tesoro where Chris Manresa plays. Before that time, my friend and I, both college basketball fanatics, had no idea who Manresa was. I can say with assurity that Manresa has one of the most polished post games that I have ever seen. He is crafty and uses his large frame and excellent feel to create easy points. He also shoots the 3 and runs the floor. When I went to the game, I had no idea who Manresa was or the fact that he was committed to USD. The fact that he is not a 3 star is an absolute joke to me. He is very very good.

kitzbuel
06-11-2008, 08:02 AM
Bak Bak.
Or, to paraphase the Beatles:

Get Bak

Get Bak

Get Bak to where he belongs.

BobZag
06-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Bak in the U.S.
Bak in the U.S.
Bak in the U.S.S.R.

ZagNative
06-11-2008, 09:26 AM
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Junk/rooster4.gif
Bak Bak .. Bak ... bak ... Bak Bak Bak (http://new.wavlist.com/soundfx/009/chicken-1.wav)

BobZag
06-11-2008, 09:31 AM
The UW mascot. Good one, ZN.