PDA

View Full Version : Zag Tatts

jonesed
03-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Do we have a gallery of Zag tattoos posted yet? Or at least an accounting of the tattoo content of the team, both past and present? A potentially interesting window into Zag culture. DRav's ink comes to mind, though / admittedly have not been able to discern what's depicted in his work. Thoughts?

spokane86
03-07-2007, 05:16 PM
ronny's got some pretty decent ones as i recall

jazzdelmar
03-07-2007, 05:24 PM
I dont believe Downs does either......lets hope this spells the end of the noxious trend of pointless self celebration.....

sullyzag66
03-07-2007, 05:33 PM
I think the Tat on Raivo's arm says something like, "Only God Can Judge Me".

bulldogshawn
03-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Heytvelt's has his daughter's name with a cross, I believe.

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-07-2007, 05:52 PM
I dont believe Downs does either......lets hope this spells the end of the noxious trend of pointless self celebration.....

I suppose this is one way of looking at tattoos jazzd, but if you ever sat down and talked with someone about why they got a tattoo and what its significance is, you're likely to discover few who do it as a form of "self celebration." I think of tattoos as just a modern version of self expression, and the stories behind the tattoos hold lots of meaning worth reverencing rather than ridiculing.

I'm pretty sure DRav's tattoo is of a cross with a basketball at the center of it. I think it'd be really cool to see up-close pics of players' tattoos and hear first-hand what each means to him. Of course the all-time greatest Zag tattooee is Erroll Knight.

p.s. Whenever Gonzaga makes it to the Final Four I'm going to get a tattoo of my GonzagasaurusFlex avatar.....which will not be a form of self-celebration merely an expression of my passion for GU hoops! When that time comes, I'll start a thread with a poll allowing you fellow fans to vote where on my body I ought to get the ink.

J-Lo
03-07-2007, 06:55 PM
My Zag Tat (and my name on former board). ZAGS isn't actually spelled backwards, just reversed in the picture.
http://216.229.189.28/attachment.php?attachmentid=29&d=1173326112

Zag 77
03-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Unless you are a sailor, don't get a tattoo. Its a really dumb fad and you are going to kick yourself for being a dumb ass kid when you are 30 and feel like a moron if you take your long sleeve shirt off.

From what I hear, it is an expensive process to get tattoos removed. Maybe painful, too.

Psychozag
03-07-2007, 08:45 PM
I was a dumbass kid and got one at 18. Got a number of others since then and I am closer to 40 than 30 now and I have never wanted to get them removed. In fact, I am planning on getting another soon. I would never get a team-themed tattoo, but each his own. That is the point of tattoos. You've just got to know yourself and take it from there.

BongKrosby
03-07-2007, 08:54 PM
I bunch of us always said we'd get a Zag tat if they made a final 4. Remember the big guy from USD who had the tat "Big Dady"? It was supposed to say Big Daddy, but the idiot mispelled it.

MEZAG
03-07-2007, 09:20 PM
A little off subject but how about the female trend to get the TAT on the bottom of their back (top of their ass). Usually some kind of psuedo Maori symobol. The more I think about it, I should get into the business of TAT removal, because there will be a troop of 30ish women removing their tramp stamps in a few years.

rawkmandale
03-07-2007, 10:01 PM
MEZAG must have noticed how the placement of those high rump/low back tats look like something got wiped upwards. I'm not anti-tattoo, and I've seen gals with ink between their shoulder blades that looks great, but the "butt wipe" tats really do look awful. Just my opinion.

bulldogshawn
03-08-2007, 12:08 AM
To steal a line from a great movie, Tattoo on the lower back? Might as well be a bullseye.

beatProgram
03-08-2007, 07:22 AM
A little off subject but how about the female trend to get the TAT on the bottom of their back (top of their ass). Usually some kind of psuedo Maori symobol. The more I think about it, I should get into the business of TAT removal, because there will be a troop of 30ish women removing their tramp stamps in a few years.

The technical term is "S l u t Tag."

Also, I assure you. They'll never want to have them removed.

That picture doesn't do your tattoo justice at all JLo. The full technicolor version is much cooler.

jonesed
03-08-2007, 09:36 AM
well i certainly didn't anticipate it becoming a tet a tet on the significance of tattoos in 21st century america. i kind of just wanted to see what the athletes had going on in terms of ink. fascinating regardless.

heavyzag
03-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Raivios tat says only god can judge me...

SteeleMan
03-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Unless you are a sailor, don't get a tattoo. Its a really dumb fad and you are going to kick yourself for being a dumb ass kid when you are 30 and feel like a moron if you take your long sleeve shirt off.

From what I hear, it is an expensive process to get tattoos removed. Maybe painful, too.

And gay marriages are bad, too, I suppose?

Bulldog
03-08-2007, 03:54 PM
p.s. Whenever Gonzaga makes it to the Final Four I'm going to get a tattoo of my GonzagasaurusFlex avatar.....which will not be a form of self-celebration merely an expression of my passion for GU hoops! When that time comes, I'll start a thread with a poll allowing you fellow fans to vote where on my body I ought to get the ink.[/QUOTE]

Great, who cares about how you are going to defile your epidermus.

jonesed
03-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Remember the big guy from USD who had the tat "Big Dady"? It was supposed to say Big Daddy, but the idiot mispelled it.

maybe his next one can be "EPIDERMUS" in diploma font across his back.