PDA

View Full Version : Some Great Baseball Coming up!

HillBillyZag
06-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Vist www.spokaneriverhawks.com for the complete information package. This, for my money, is the best baseball in town. WCCBL..West Coast Collegiate Baseball League is an eight team, wooden bat, summer league made up of the Northwests finest College and Jr. College baseball talent.
Spokane home games are played at Avista Field and Gonzaga's Patterson Baseball Complex.First home games are Mon thru Wed., June 23,24, 25, at Avista vs. Corvallis. First games played at Gonzaga will be Sat., July 5th, vs. Wenatchee. Most games start around 6:45 PM. Ticket prices adults-$5.00, seniors and military-3.00, kids 2yrs thru 12yrs of age,3.00, and kids under two free. Some of the players on the Spokane Riverhawks 2008 Roster are:
RHP Cory Bannister Soph. Stanford U., Kyle Lawton Fr., U. of San Francisco,
A.J. Prozek Jr., Gonzaga U., LHP Joe Kent. Jr., Oklahoma State U.,Matt Renner Fr., Santa Clara U., Position players: OF Logan Boyd Jr., Oregon State U., 1B Beau Brett Fr. USC., Of Mark Castellitto, Soph., Gonzaga U., IF Eric Renander Jr., Western Oregon U., Catchers Greg Legreid Jr. Wazzu & Tyson VanWinkle, Jr., Gonzaga u. The balance of the squad are Lewis & Clark State & Spokane Community College players. Folks, I watched about half a dozen games last season and had just a terrific time and if you hav'nt be out to the new Patterson Baseball complex at Gonzaga yet, come on out, the baseball is great and the hot dogs are the real deal. Come one, Come All!

zagzealot
06-03-2008, 02:21 PM
The Zealot family attended many a Riverhawks game last year. And I totally agree this is some great baseball. The appeal to us vs the Indians games is that it doesn't have the circus atmosphere that the Indians game does. I guess that's ok once in awhile, but I'd rather just see a baseball game and be there for 2 hrs rather than 3 hrs or more.

I wish more people knew about it and came out to support it.

Looks like they have a 6 game package for $20 this year (I think this is new?) Bargain in my book.

zagzealot
06-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Oh, and another thing...

Patterson Field = no beer = Bad

Avista = beer = Good :D

HillBillyZag
06-03-2008, 10:54 PM
I see we have another Brett on the team this year. The Brett's must be prolific producers of baseball talent, sort of like the stocktons in the hoops world. See you at the Ball Park, hopefully. Go Hawks!

zagzealot
06-25-2008, 04:08 PM
A great night at Avista last night as the Riverhawks pounded Corvallis 14-0!

Akzag
06-25-2008, 10:40 PM
Interesting ... long-time Inland Empire locals might remember that there used to be an Alaska Baseball League team called the Palouse Cougars. Bobo fielded a team made up mostly of his own boys with a few other regional players tossed in ... similar to the situation that allowed Hawaii to field an ABL team. A new rule came out of that, that limited each ABL team to having no more than five (?) players from any given school.

Sounds great HBZ and zz ... take me out to the ball game.

zagzealot
07-15-2008, 10:16 AM
To take your mind off the recent gloom and doom of Daye's ACL, here's a reminder to take in a Riverhawks game.

Tonight, Wed and Thurs, the Bellingham Belles are in town. On their roster is Jake Locker, the UW QB. Also, the Belles are owned by Bobby and George Brett.

These 3 are at Gonzaga's Patterson Field. I've seen some great baseball from the Riverhawks this year and the facilities are outstanding. The weather's not bad either! :)