06-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Is Pargo worth a first-round pick?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/index

wazZag
06-02-2008, 02:36 PM
82-18 against right now.

cjm720
06-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Montana and Maine as the only majority Yes...kind of odd.

wazZag
06-02-2008, 03:06 PM
B/c only one person has voted in each.

ZagMania
06-02-2008, 05:10 PM
That seems like such a weird poll to see on ESPN for some reason.

SEAZAG84
06-02-2008, 07:46 PM
why is pargo getting all this news time if they dont think he is even a first round draft pick lol it just makes me wonder if their hiding something from everyone lol

krozman
06-02-2008, 08:45 PM
why is pargo getting all this news time if they dont think he is even a first round draft pick lol it just makes me wonder if their hiding something from everyone lol

It's probably the same reason the media focuses not on the NCAA "locks" but on the "bubble" teams. Pargo seems like a low bubble candidate from what i'm reading, meaning it would take an interesting and unexpected turn of events to have Pargo go 1st round, although I'm sure it wouldn't be shocking or make history as the "most underrated 1st round pick" in history.

MDABE80
06-02-2008, 10:01 PM
ZagMania and SEA comment on something I've not seen recently. Jeremy is coming back. Most know it......my guess is that he does too. SO why the poll? Seems a bit much doesn't it? Dunno but if I was a kid who had a "not so good" camp......it might be a bit hurtful. In my opinion, it's too much...in a negative way. Might be time for a note to ESPN.

ZagMania
06-03-2008, 04:22 AM
The thing is there is a lot of 'bubble' guys, but it just seems like Jeremy has become the big name among this group or at least gets the most attention from the media. I don't know if thats a good thing? :confused:

I voted yes in the poll to give Pargo some public opinion support.

Rubbadub
06-03-2008, 06:56 AM
Pargo isn't the only guy hoping to sneak into the first round, but he's the guy they're putting the spotlight on. I have a feeling that this is their way of hyping the Gonzaga brand for next season to the casual college bball fan---as in, they feel GU is going to be one of the top teams next year and Pargo is going to be one of the top returning players to watch. Everyone knows the Zags are ESPN's darlings. This is just the worldwide leader's way of getting buzz over Pargo/Zags/all those late night games they're going to be televising started. I'm predicting a high beginning of the season ESPN/Coaches Poll ranking.

zzzjag
06-03-2008, 07:26 AM
I watched Day 3 of the camp yesterday and thought JPargo did some really good things. He is probably the biggest 1st round bubble name out there and most recognizable...therefore, the poll.

The broadcast focussed quite a bit on Pargo, GU, and even had an in game interview with Coach Few. Mostly positive encouraging comments about working on his game and getting a read on where he stands. Doug Gottlieb pointed out that he and his brother Jannero have polar opposite games. Jeremy with the strength and finishing in the lane and Jannero streaky but all outside. Could you imagine if they molded their talents into one player!

He had a few great passes not converted which would have increased his assist total as well.

LongIslandZagFan
06-03-2008, 07:26 AM
Pargo isn't the only guy hoping to sneak into the first round, but he's the guy they're putting the spotlight on. I have a feeling that this is their way of hyping the Gonzaga brand for next season to the casual college bball fan---as in, they feel GU is going to be one of the top teams next year and Pargo is going to be one of the top returning players to watch. Everyone knows the Zags are ESPN's darlings. This is just the worldwide leader's way of getting buzz over Pargo/Zags/all those late night games they're going to be televising started. I'm predicting a high beginning of the season ESPN/Coaches Poll ranking.

Yeah.... what he said. :D

MDABE80
06-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Abe<---eating words now. Good explanation guys. :)