• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • former1dog
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Just for the fun of it.

This should appeal to the Nostradamus in all of us. Sight unseen with the match ups, what is your prediction.
    1 and done
    4.32%
    Round of 32
    36.69%
    Sweet 16
    48.20%
    Elite Eight
    3.60%
    Final Four
    1.44%
    Win it all, baby!
    5.76%
  • UberZagFan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I abstain from this poll until I see the bracket.
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

• former1dog
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by UberZagFan View Post
      I abstain from this poll until I see the bracket.

Party pooper.

Comment

• lothar98zag
        PostPadder General
        • Feb 2007

If one were to put up a poll after the bracket comes out I think the odds are that this poll will be at least as accurate as the new one & probably more accurate.
        youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• sonuvazag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by lothar98zag View Post
          If one were to put up a poll after the bracket comes out I think the odds are that this poll will be at least as accurate as the new one & probably more accurate.
          Could you be more specific about your odds for better odds? I might want to wager. After failing miserably in picking brackets for years and watching my mom, who doesn't follow anyone but the Zags, beat me as often as not.... you might be overthinking... vote your conscience.
          Agent provocateur

Comment

• lothar98zag
            PostPadder General
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by sonuvazag View Post
            Could you be more specific about your odds for better odds? I might want to wager. After failing miserably in picking brackets for years and watching my mom, who doesn't follow anyone but the Zags, beat me as often as not.... you might be overthinking... vote your conscience.
            What I'm saying is that w/o seeing a bracket GU fans won't be overthinking things. Once a bracket comes out, GU fans will analyze the team's chances to the n-th degree. I think what people vote for in this poll will have a better chance of correctly predicting what GU does in the tourney.

This poll w/o bracket : GU poll w/ bracket :: random know nothing office pool winner : knowledgable hoops fan that always loses the office pool
            youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• sonuvazag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Hahaha. Im confused.

It may be wishful thinking, but I picked Final Four because I see in the future some story highlighting GU's near miss in 99 at becoming the first mid-major in a final four and how they have been temporarily overshadowed by G. Mason's mid-major effort last year... that's the story I see. Plus GU was once the little team that could who is now a full-fledged major program finding it's way back to its overacheiving roots in light of all obstacles this year that have tried to squash our hope.

All I can say is the media would love it!

My point is: I don't think seeing the matchups will help me predict the future... too many variables. No one else out there has a better story that a final four run for GU this year. Of that, I am sure.

I also picked the Colts at the beginning of the season... and I'm a Colts fan.
              Agent provocateur

Comment

• soonerterp
                Kennel Club Material
                • Feb 2007

I'm going to take the same approach that I take with my Terps:

I'm not going to make any grand or even fun prognostications ... the team just needs to take it one game at a time and not try to look past any opponent. That way I don't build myself up for a huge letdown.

I learned that the hard way in 2003 and 2004. Fortunately I was only out the cost of a couple of sub sandwiches.

I will say this, though: Gonzaga is very dangerous.

Comment

• Bulldog
                  Bleeds GU Blue
                  • Feb 2007

I have always picked the Zag's to win it all

I don't bet real money, just want what I want when I want it every year.
                  Someday I hope to win.
                  "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

Comment

• TuckC
                    Kennel Club
                    • Mar 2007

4 saying winning it all, if that's not homerism, I dunno what is! But some can dream. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Comment

• former1dog
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Bump so everyone gets to play.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Nostrodamous was one bad dude...

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
                        This should appeal to the Nostradamus in all of us. Sight unseen with the match ups, what is your prediction.
                        Quatrain 69:

Between the bushes of the lone Star
                        Arose the mediocre leader.
                        The head of a rotund woman in his lap,
                        a hideous witch by his side.

Oh yeah...I think we can agree it all depends on the matchups. I'm thinking Sweet 16, but nothing that happens will surprise me. Our guards can hold their own with anybody in the nation, but our free throw shooting (except Raivio) has rivaled Shaq's and Wilt's incompetence. We simply cannot give up the points at the line like we have over the past two weeks.

A case can be made for each and every scenario, whether it be one and done, or a trip to the Final Four.

Comment

• Rubbadub
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

When i got on the thread I was looking forward to picking 'more cowbell'. It wasn't there though...what kind of poll is this?
                          sigpic Just Foo'in around.

Comment

• TuckC
                            Kennel Club
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                            Quatrain 69:

Between the bushes of the lone Star
                            Arose the mediocre leader.
                            The head of a rotund woman in his lap,
                            a hideous witch by his side.

Oh yeah...I think we can agree it all depends on the matchups. I'm thinking Sweet 16, but nothing that happens will surprise me. Our guards can hold their own with anybody in the nation, but our free throw shooting (except Raivio) has rivaled Shaq's and Wilt's incompetence. We simply cannot give up the points at the line like we have over the past two weeks.

A case can be made for each and every scenario, whether it be one and done, or a trip to the Final Four.
                            You can not make a statement for a NCAA Final Four appearance no matter how "great" their guardplay is. Pargo's 5 sec. drive play will not work in the tourney; Kuso, Mallon, and Pendo getting in foul trouble will not help either. You can't win championships against teams like LSU, Ohio St., Florida, or NC, when their bigs slam and go past your bigs because of size and foul trouble, thanks to Josh.

Comment

• former1dog
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Sorry, Rub. If LotharZag would have started the poll, you might have gotten more cowbell as a choice.

I use my own material.

Comment

Working...
                              X