PDA

View Full Version : Artest and Josh

SintoZag
03-07-2007, 10:55 AM
The PTI guys were arguing about the reasons the Kings suspended Ron Artest after his arrest. It maybe a stretch to compare this situation to Josh's but there seams to be a double standard between a college player getting arrested and an NBA player. The PTI guys could not understand why he was suspended before he was convicted. If most NBA guys are allowed to play while awaiting trial why don't colleges let kids play? I actually think an NBA player should be given less slack than at 22 year old kid on this kind of thing? I guess this is just another reason why college basketball is better than the NBA.:mad:

former1dog
03-07-2007, 11:19 AM
I would guess that because of Artest's history, he has a clause in his contract in regards to his off the court behaviour.

SteeleMan
03-07-2007, 12:07 PM
JH was suspended indefinately by Mark Few for being out past midnight on a game night.

Zag79
03-08-2007, 12:57 PM
im calling BS. jh and theo are not still punished because of breaking a curfew. he doesnt really have curfews, and it doesnt justify a 9 month suspension.

former1dog
03-08-2007, 12:59 PM
im calling BS. jh and theo are not still punished because of breaking a curfew. he doesnt really have curfews, and it doesnt justify a 9 month suspension.

Oh brother!

BS on Few?

deathchina
03-08-2007, 01:48 PM
"I guess this is just another reason why college basketball is better than the NBA."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baylor_University_basketball_scandal

The purity of college hoops. haha.

Zag79
03-08-2007, 02:37 PM
im calling bs that the suspension is simply for breaking curfew. if it was just breaking curfew it would never be this long, for sure.

brasszag
03-08-2007, 02:49 PM
The suspension is for "breaking team rules" which means the team rules are more of a code of conduct type of thing - since there's no formal curfew.

How about Few is mighty pissed at Josh and Theo for being in Cheney at midnight the day of a game - the having drugs on them is ancilliary bad "game prep"

sullyzag66
03-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Few's the coach and if it takes him nine months to get past that behavior, then the suspensions will continue. I also think that Few knows that Josh and probably Theo are not ready to come back. They've got a lot to deal with right now and basketball would be an unnecessary distraction. I'm sure they don't think so, but what do they know? I got the impression from the Dan Patrick interview that Few is working with Josh and Theo to get things back on track. Compassion, patience and carry a big stick.

alaskazagnut
03-08-2007, 05:22 PM
When it comes to discipline, Few should be able to do whatever he wants to do. If anyone even looks at Few wrong then Few can suspend whoever he wants if it will improve or stop bad behavior. Does anyone think Bobby Knight or Coach K would keep Josh or Theo on the court?

jayray
03-09-2007, 08:13 AM
When it comes to discipline, Few should be able to do whatever he wants to do. If anyone even looks at Few wrong then Few can suspend whoever he wants if it will improve or stop bad behavior. Does anyone think Bobby Knight or Coach K would keep Josh or Theo on the court?

I don't think Bobby Knight is the best example to use - he has enough trouble as it is keeping himself on the court due to bad behavior.

FuManShoes
03-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Apparently beating a woman up after having already exhausted your good graces by going ape-#### in the stands is A-OK by the NBA. Artest has been cleared to return to the Kings. Damn, I guess shuttling shroom brownies around at midnight on a game night really is the worst thing in the world ....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2794038