PDA

View Full Version : 2009 NCAA Tickets?

75Zag
05-30-2008, 07:58 AM
Anybody heard from Ticketmaster or NCAA regarding whether they were successful in ordering early round NCAA tickets for next year? When I gave my money to Ticketmaster they said they would notify me "by June 1st" as to whether I was successful and as to whether there might be extra tickets available after fulfillment of early orders. We are hoping to watch GU at the Rose Garden in March without having to pay blood money to the scalpers.

Of course, if I get tickets and GU does not play in Portland, my tickets will be available at a 300% markup on Stubhub.

Scalping is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

ZagNative
05-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Do you think that the timing is affected by the class action suit filed against the NCAA and Ticketmaster over the lottery (http://www.ticketnews.com/Ticketmaster-NCAA-face-lawsuit-over-ticket-lottery58271234)?

75Zag
05-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Interesting link ZN. I can sympathize with the plaintiffs. As I was handing over my nonrefundable "application fee" plus allowing TicketMaster to hold my thousand bucks for three (or more) months while I wait to see if I get tickets, I felt I was being hosed, but is definitely a seller's market, so I pay my money and keep quiet.

WhitworthZAG
05-30-2008, 01:58 PM
I checked my ticketmaster account this morning and it showed that the tickets had printed and listed seat numbers and everything.

75Zag
05-30-2008, 04:47 PM
My TicketMaster account says my 8 tickets are "being printed" but the seat numbers are all shown as "Reserved GA 5" which means nothing in the Rose Garden and I think is some sort of place-holder pending the outcome of the ticket lottery. Maybe you (Whitworth) won the ticket lottery and I lost if your account is showing actual seats with Section and Row numbers in the Rose Garden. Either way seems like TicketMaster would tell me something one way or the other and give me my money back if I don't get tickets. Maybe tomorrow.

WhitworthZAG
05-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Mine lists the Reserved GA9 also but down below it lists seats 9-12 for the four seats that I ordered. I know the RESV GA9 doesn't mean anything in the Rose Garden. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

PilotNut
06-01-2008, 03:19 AM
Mine also says the tickets are being printed, in GA 7, seat 88+, etc... i am pretty sure that the sections dont have that many seats... :rolleyes:

Weird.

TimboZag
06-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Hey 75Zag, I'll see you there, as my tickets also state "RESV GA5".

My guess is that it stands for General Admit (or something similar), and that we will be in Section 105 (or 205). If you look at the Rose Garden seating chart and the other numbers, they are all similarly in the corners. I hope I am wrong, or at a minimum, we are in the 100 level!

Oregon Zag
06-01-2008, 06:43 PM
I searched around on Ticketmaster and finally found a description of our tx. It says Row GA2. I wonder what that means?

sullyzag66
06-01-2008, 09:32 PM
I haven't received anything recently, but my confirmation email showed:

Level Section Row Seat(s)
----- ------- ----- ----------
GA GA1 58 31-34

Can't find that configuration in the Rose Garden. . .