PDA

View Full Version : Draftexpress on Pargo from Day 3

Radbooks
05-30-2008, 05:41 AM
This was on the DraftExpress website regarding the games yesterday. Jeremy did a better job than the day before, but still having some troubles. It's interesting to note that the writer says he is 'separating himself from most of the other point guards.' That's good for him and bad for us! :)

Underclassman Jeremy Pargo had a stronger performance in game two (11 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 turnovers) than yesterday’s outing, doing a fantastic job showing off his incredible physical tools and getting into the paint time after time. He showed nice footwork and a terrific first step, being extremely aggressive pushing the ball up the floor in transition, but also again being typically feast or famine in regards to his distribution skills. On one hand he is able to find his teammates with decent creativity, as evidenced by his five assists, but he also seems to struggle over-handling and trying to make very high degree of difficulty passes, which resulted in five turnovers. This is nothing new from Pargo. He does seem to be separating himself from most of the other point guards, though.

Find the rest of the article here (http://www.draftexpress.com/article/NBA-Pre-Draft-Camp,-Day-Three-2903/).

ZagNative
05-30-2008, 05:48 AM
And from nbadraft.net (http://nbadraft.net/2008nbapredraftcamp004.asp):

Jeremy Pargo (11pts, 5ast, 6reb) stepped up today and showed that he can do some good things on the floor. He has a nice build and he is able to use it to body people and get into the lane. One of the concerns is his PG efficiency as his decision making at times was questionable en route to 5 TOs.

BobZag
05-30-2008, 09:24 AM
5 TOs. That's what I was afraid of. Shore up the TOs and he may have a chance. Good to hear he's separating himself. He has all the physical tools.

FuManShoes
05-30-2008, 09:54 AM
I'm just happy to finally see some positive comments on Jeremy's play. We know he has issues with over-penetration, but he is a gifted player and it was getting depressing to see, at least from the accounts of these scouts, that he hadn't brought his A-Game to Orlando. Though it would be a shame for GU to lose Jeremy this year, I want him to succeed in whatever he does, represent GU well and not *lower* his stock at this camp. So keep up the good work, Jeremy!