PDA

View Full Version : Meech highlights up on The Kennel Report

theothegreat21
05-29-2008, 11:03 AM
Hey everyone...we just posted the highlight video of Meech that his coach sent us after the interview. It is up on the Kennel Report and is very impressive, as you will really notice just how quick is. I hope everyone enjoys finally getting a chance to see what Meech is like as a player

http://thekennelreport.blogspot.com/

Salsageek
05-29-2008, 11:13 AM
Thanks and keep up the good work. I really enjoy your blog.

CDC84
05-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Not only is Meech really, really fast, but he can go with either hand with the dribble or when putting up a shot near the rim. Very hard to defend.

cjm720
05-29-2008, 11:19 AM
He has Pargo's number!

MickMick
05-29-2008, 12:11 PM
By the time he is a sophmore, this young man is going to have the ball in his hands on almost every trip down the floor. You can already see it.

The engine of the Zag machine. I wouldn't have it any other way.

dim4sum
05-29-2008, 12:40 PM
I find in just the video clips, that Meech keeps a level head in traffic and spots the open man while he is driving. He doesn't feel compelled to run into tall timbers. In short, no tunnel vision, on the contrary great peripheral vision.
Hope the highlight clips are indicative of what's to come.

Angelo Roncalli
05-29-2008, 12:49 PM
I liked the mid-range jumper...especially when he used the glass.

Radbooks
05-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks, Theo! This was a nice look at Meech.

Reborn
05-29-2008, 05:52 PM
Thanks, Theo. It was nice getting to see what he actually looks like, and how he plays. Great speed, and as CDC says, great shooting with both hands, which unfortunately is a lost art. Great control of his speed, and his change of speed and change of direction are absolutely great. His speed reminds me of Patty Mills, and that's great. We will need his speed to offset mills'. This is a great recruit. I believe.

My only question, is can he shoot from outside? I didn't see any of that in the video, which leaves me to think it's a weakness. I don't like that, and we've talked a lot about this need in Zags offense. I just feel that our guards need to be able to shoot the 3. And I believe, from what I've read about his attitude to win and improve his game will really help him learn to be a better perimeter shooter.

I have longed for someone with the speed of Q, and I think we have it in Meech. I'm excited to see him play. I hope his personality is like Q's as well. We need that too.

MontanaZag
05-29-2008, 07:47 PM
I love the way he uses his dribble penetration to set up his teammates, not just to get to the basket, cant wait for this kid to get here!

tyra
05-29-2008, 09:42 PM
I don't usually pay any attention to highlight videos knowing that they are virtually digitally altered -- well, highly edited anyway, BUT . . . this kid looks special. First, it was a highlight of his scoring prowess which no one asserts is his strongest asset. Oh my, oh my. I saw: 1) flat out speed, 2) phenomenal accelration, 3) superb body control, 4) great court vision, 5) spectacular use of either hand. Oh my, oh my. And he looked like he could finish with the best of them. Oh my, oh my. I cannot wait to see his defense :) I see the future. Soomeone hand me some sunglasses.

ZagMania
05-30-2008, 04:46 AM
My only question, is can he shoot from outside? I didn't see any of that in the video, which leaves me to think it's a weakness. I don't like that, and we've talked a lot about this need in Zags offense. I just feel that our guards need to be able to shoot the 3. And I believe, from what I've read about his attitude to win and improve his game will really help him learn to be a better perimeter shooter.

Its a supposed weakness but we'll still have Gray and Gibbs around who can both shoot it. I think Gibbs/Meech is a great combination.

S.U. Chieftain
05-30-2008, 12:17 PM
What I liked about Meech:
1. Use of left hand
2. Pull-up midrange jumper that not as many players shoot anymore
3. He was falling and sliding on the floor a dozen times in the videos; he might be our next floor-burn leader
4. Didn't seem to show-boat after his passes and shots but simply ran back down to get on defense

Vanzagger
05-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Chief. that a great post.