PDA

View Full Version : Day Two NBA Pre-draft camp, and Today (Day Three) on NBA TV 8:00 a.m. PDT (5/29/08)

ZagNative
05-29-2008, 05:42 AM
NBA TV: My Comcast listing is showing the Pre-draft camp this morning on NBA TV at 8:00 a.m.

Draft Express - Day Two Report: (http://www.draftexpress.com/article/NBA-Pre-Draft-Camp,-Day-Two-2901/)
Also on the negative side of the spectrum we found Danny Green (forcing the issue way too much, especially from behind the arc [0-4], and looking clearly hobbled by his sprained left ankle) and Jeremy Pargo (showing concerning shot-selection and tunnel vision driving through the lane).Memphis Commercial Appeal (http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/may/29/nba-pre-draft-camp-late-but-great/): Memphis looking at JP with their late first round (#28) pick? I can't tell from this story whether this speculation comes from the GM or the author of the piece:

Among the players the Griz will consider at 28 are: Wayne Ellington (North Carolina), Shan Foster (Vanderbilt), Darnell Jackson (Kansas), Jeremy Pargo (Gonzaga), Richard Hendrix (Alabama), Joey Dorsey (Memphis), Davon Jefferson (Southern California), Trent Plaisted (Brigham Young) and JR Giddens (New Mexico).

cjm720
05-29-2008, 07:35 AM
Thanks ZN!

The draftexpress quote sounds an awful like Pargo during the season (in addition to his spectacular play at times). Memphis and another PG?? Didn't they just pick up Conley last year? Well, I guess that list includes a variety of players/positions. I hope he doesn't consider that a "lock."

theothegreat21
05-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Also a note from Chad Ford on Pargo yesterday

--UNC's Wayne Ellington may have had the worst performance of the day. He was just 3-for-10 from the field and had a Wednesday-high six turnovers. His teammate, Danny Green didn't fare much better -- also going 3-for-10 from the field. Vanderbilt's Shan Foster struggled with his shot and showed NBA scouts that his handle is very shaky. Gonzaga's Jeremy Pargo shot the ball poorly and played out of control at times.--

BobZag
05-29-2008, 10:24 AM
Trying to do too much. Not letting the game come to him. Not just taking what is given to him and just keeping it simple. K.I.S.S.

Few and others hopefully gave feedback to him.

ZagMania
05-29-2008, 10:30 AM
It can't be easy for a point guard to get thrown on a team with players you've never played with and be told to run an offense, especially when everyone there is trying to 'get his' and stand out.

Hopefully Jeremy will turn it around. And who knows, maybe he'll have one of those games like against UConn, Stanford, and others when his outside shot couldn't miss and he became unstoppable.

Best of luck Jeremy!

dim4sum
05-29-2008, 10:54 AM
I think that's a flaw we were all aware of, but didn't define it as such. I think the camp will be good for Jeremy and make him a better player when he returns. As Arnold Toynbee said, "he who doesn't learn from history is doomed to fail over and over again."
He has the smarts to learn from his experience in this fish bowl. If not, there will be Meech and possibly Goodson looking over his shoulder as an extra incentive.
There's a reasonably big pool of outstanding European PGs. Don't know why most seem to have taken a raincheck on this one.

theothegreat21
05-29-2008, 10:55 AM
I really hope that Jeremy is taking into account what all these scouts are seeing, and will come back to GU and focus on improving on his weaknesses, because in reality there really aren't many. Here is nbadraft.net's take on Jeremy's day 2 performance

-- Jeremy Pargo had to be wondering what he was doing here with his performance in Day One. He struggled to show much in the way of point guard skills and his forte scoring wasn't happening either. He finished with four points on a dreadful 1-6 shooting performance in less than 14 minutes of action.--

VinnyZag
05-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Also a note from Chad Ford on Pargo yesterday

--UNC's Wayne Ellington may have had the worst performance of the day. He was just 3-for-10 from the field and had a Wednesday-high six turnovers. His teammate, Danny Green didn't fare much better -- also going 3-for-10 from the field. Vanderbilt's Shan Foster struggled with his shot and showed NBA scouts that his handle is very shaky. Gonzaga's Jeremy Pargo shot the ball poorly and played out of control at times.--

don't believe anything Chad Ford says. A week ago, he was telling us how great Pargo is.

duper
05-29-2008, 06:32 PM
IMO it's probably not the games at the camp that are the most important guage. The NBA is a billion dollar enity they pay scout a whole lot of money to watch games and evaluate players. I am pretty sure Pargo has been scouted and filmed on multiple occasions if not everytime he played last year. IMO the important part of the camp will be the combine style stats a player put up. ie Speed,vertical jump, quickness and various strength tests. I could see Pargo excelling in these areas.