PDA

View Full Version : Zags getting some love from Digger

zagster318
03-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Thinks the Zags might make it as far as the Sweet 16 or Elite 8...I would take either of those results.

McZag
03-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Fine with me. Funny it came from Digger.

lothar98zag
03-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Funny it came from Digger.
Why's that?

sdzag
03-07-2007, 11:18 AM
What color highlighter did he have at the time? It's like his mood ring. And what does he actually highlight?

I'll take both (16 or 8), I'm just happy to be dancin!

zagster318
03-07-2007, 11:22 AM
What color highlighter did he have at the time? It's like his mood ring. And what does he actually highlight?

I'll take both (16 or 8), I'm just happy to be dancin!

Pink.

LongIslandZagFan
03-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Why's that?

Digger has been a Zag-realist at times in the past year... but he changes on the Zags when the wind changes directions.

OregonZag5
03-07-2007, 02:09 PM
I really think that most of the announcers had the Zags dead in the water after the Josh incident- and they were being realistic- late in the season a game that night and the next night etc. But now seeing what an outstanding job that Few and company has done, they are now singing the praises of the Zags- they are all surprised- and yes the opinions do change like the wind.

D Hark 2003
03-07-2007, 03:14 PM
I would add to the above post, that most Zags fans had us dead in the water. I knew we still had a chance to win the wcc tourny and go dancin, but even i was worried, and judging by the posts and comments a lot of people on here were making, it sounds like many in the zagnation had us dead in the water too. Digger is a hype man, like the announcer at AND 1 games. He is just trying to hype up areas of college basketball to garner interest around the country. Gonzaga is a pretty big story year in and year out in the tourny, and hyping them up will garner more national interest, one of the guys on ESPN the other night after the WCC title game called Gonzaga "America's team". We have a huge following around the nation.

SFZAG
03-07-2007, 03:53 PM
FYI...I think the ESPN announcer's name is Neal Everett (sp?), and he's from Spokane so he hypes the Zags. He even refers to Zip burgers sometimes.

spotucky
03-07-2007, 04:03 PM
MMMM.. Zips I can't wait to eat a Papa Joe when I'm there next week for the Tourney. Digger loved our guard play, and said thats why we would be a team to watch. Derek Pargo is what he said and stuttered and then got some help from Karl Ravich, and said because of Derek Ravio and Jeremy Pargo.

siliconzag
03-07-2007, 04:21 PM
You will recall that most of the so called experts considered the Italian National Team to be an early exit in the past year's World Cup. Almost without exception. I personally (and everyone on this board should suspect my abilities as a prognosticator) felt that they would win the whole shootin match.

The reason the experts and I had was identical. They predicted the Italians would fold because of the bribing (fixing) scandal involving Juventus, Florentina, AC Milan and Rome. Knowing the Italian character I felt that because of the scandal they would pull together, play harder and try to prove everyone wrong.

Maybe the same dynamic is going on with the Zags. Just when everyone counts them out, they rally. Somebody forgot to remind the Zags they were supposed to fold. I agree, could go deep. Just depends on who stands in the way. We have no chance against a UCLA or a Marquette in my opinion. We had a great game against Memphis and almost pulled it off, but that was in Spokane with some friendly officiating. Nevertheless these guys deserve a lot of credit. I was a doubting Thomas to be sure.

Sili

Zagguy
03-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Silicon, were you at the game? Hardly what I'd call friendly refs (not that I'm complaining)!

McZag
03-08-2007, 04:46 AM
Digger has been a Zag-realist at times in the past year... but he changes on the Zags when the wind changes directions.

Exactly. Digger is pro-Zags and calls them "My Zags" when we are ranked, RPI is in the 30's etc. But as soon as times get rough for the team, he talks about the weak WCC blah blah blah. That's why I was surprised that he likes us right now with everything the program has been through.