PDA

View Full Version : Dower's List

MississppiZag
05-28-2008, 04:16 PM
This could be old news, but it caught my eye.

Dower trimmed his list down to Gonzaga, Marquette, Drake, George Mason, Iowa State, and Northern Iowa(according to Scout.com).

It's nice to see no Big-10 schools on his list. Hope to hear more about his recruitment as well as other bigs-Burton, Harris Tunks, and Bak Bak. i'm still waiting to see Burton's list contain us on it, but who knows when that could be.
Is Bak even a possibility, not being sarcastic, just don't know much about him or his interest in us.

Would be nice to land any combination of these two, wouldn't it?:)

BobZag
05-28-2008, 04:54 PM
There are supposed to be articles on Joe Burton and Bak Bak coming soon. I hope within days. I believe Gonzaga may lead for Bak. He had to sit out last year so you don't see as much about him.

Any combination of Burton and Harris-Tunks with Bak or Dower works for me. I view the first two as Centers, the second two as Power Forwards.

After more evaluations by the staff in July, official visits in September, October, etc., are next.

MississppiZag
05-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Bob, is Bak Bak and Harris Tunks the real deal. They both possess great size for the 4 or 5 position, but I don't know much of their styles of play. I know they must be good if they are being noticed by our staff, but i was wondering if you had info on the type of game they played and what they would bring to our team, as far as their skill sets? Judging by recent posts concerning all of the '09 bigs that our team is taking a look at, they must have something that we are missing. like you said i would like to hear more about Bak and Tunks in upcoming articles. They all sound like a talented bunch.

BobZag
05-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Harris-Tunks plays in Australia, I don't have a good feel for his game except he is no Bogut.

Bak is a highly athletic, very long 6'10" kid who vanished for a year due to sitting out a full season because he transferred. As for his game, the reviews sounded darn good following his Denver and Vegas outings last month.

I don't think GU will go wrong with any of Bak, Burton, Dower. I'm unsure about Harris-Tunks.

Reborn
05-28-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm really glad to see Few going after these big's. Landing two will be fantastic.

spudzag
05-28-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm really glad to see Few going after these big's. Landing two will be fantastic.

Absolutely agree. We definately need two.

OZZag
05-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Harris-Tunks plays in Australia, I don't have a good feel for his game except he is no Bogut.

Bak is a highly athletic, very long 6'10" kid who vanished for a year due to sitting out a full season because he transferred. As for his game, the reviews sounded darn good following his Denver and Vegas outings last month.

I don't think GU will go wrong with any of Bak, Burton, Dower. I'm unsure about Harris-Tunks.

BZ,

Being in Australia you would think that a concern would be what level of competition the AIS plays, here is his stats off of the website of he SEABL
The mens winter basketball league in Australia. The reality is that the boys from the AIS play against men for up to 30 games a year Shane is up against some pretty strong competitors. FYI Patrick Mills and Andrew Ogilvy played with the AIS in the league last year Mills averaged 22 ppg and 5 apg.

http://www.seabl.com.au/index.php?id=7

Also found a Q & A session with Shane.

http://www.ausport.gov.au/ais/sports/basketball/news_and_results/1.05.08_5_minutes_with_..._shane_harris-tunks

BobZag
05-29-2008, 09:48 AM
Yeah, he could be a real tough warrior in the paint but stats rarely lie and I just have a difficult time getting enthused. He could prove me all wrong but thus far it seems Brock Motum and Mitchell Young consistently put up better numbers, percentages, etc. (Schweitzer, league...) Shane has a "raw offensive" feel from what I can gather and I'm personally worn out by raw offense guys like McLeoud, Diallo, Foster. A good rebounder and a tough battler but... I don't know. If he ends up at GU, he can prove me wrong. I'd be happy if he did. :)