PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Honeycutt - Scout blurb about Rumble in the Bay

ZagNative
05-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Link to Greg Hicks May 27 Scout (subscription) story (http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/757721.html).

Tyler Honeycutt, 6-7 JR SF Sylmar (Calif.) High. The best prospect at the event, Honeycutt is seemingly getting better (and taller) by the day. Honeycutt is the best shooter among the West Coast junior forwards, but hes also a great passer. He made several plays over the weekend that had me shaking my head. He has exceptional vision, with a terrific feel, and the game seems to come pretty easy to him. A year from now, look for Honeycutt to be mentioned with the elite players in the country.And a blurb about another ZN fave, from the class of 2011:

Kyle Wiltjer, 6-7 FR C Portland (Ore.) Jesuit. Very young-looking post with nice outside shot to stripe. Nowhere near close to maturity yet, and lacks strength, but looks like he has a clue and fairly good skills. If he grows, he could end up a very nice player down the road.I thought Wiltjer was taller than 6-7....

BobZag
05-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Hicks does a smart thing and lists kids shorter than advertised. He is usually about right. Most times heights are fudged an inch or two.