PDA

View Full Version : Meehan on 5/23/08: Few's comments on Pargo and Pre-draft camp/draft decision

ZagNative
05-25-2008, 06:21 PM
I missed this Meehan blog late Friday afternoon (http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/sportslink/archive/?postID=7812) and haven't seen it posted elsewhere here yet. Apologies if it's been posted and I missed it:

onzaga's Jeremy Pargo apparently has an invite to the NBA pre-draft camp, but hasn't decided if he'll attend.

More on Pargo and GU below.

Gonzaga junior point guard Jeremy Pargo hasn’t decided whether he’ll attend next week’s NBA pre-draft camp in Orlando.

“I booked my stuff to go down (to Orlando) and he needs to make a decision in a day or two,” Bulldogs coach Mark Few said Friday. If Pargo opts to go, Few will make the trip, too.

In April, Pargo declared himself eligible for the NBA draft, but he hasn’t signed with an agent, leaving open the option of returning for his senior year. The deadline to withdraw from the draft is June 16.

The pre-draft camp runs Tuesday-Friday and typically features 60-70 players. The list of participants is expected to be finalized Monday.

Pargo recently returned to his hometown of Chicago after completing classes at GU.

"He's in the same spot he's been in," Few said. "If he's a first-rounder, I think he's going to go. They won't know what they're doing until after Orlando and all the (individual) workouts (with NBA teams), so it's kind of useless to speculate."

The latest (5/22) nbadraft.net mock draft doesn't have Pargo being selected. In the 2009 mock draft, nbadraft.net has Pargo going to the L.A. Lakers with the 28th pick of the first round, Austin Daye going 13th to Portland, Josh Heytvelt 49th (second round) to Cleveland and Micah Downs 57th to New Orleans.Read the rest of Jim's blog here (http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/sportslink/archive/?postID=7812), including a morsel about Josh's healing, left out here so Jim will get your hit on his blog.

MedZag
05-25-2008, 06:58 PM
"He's in the same spot he's been in," Few said. "If he's a first-rounder, I think he's going to go. They won't know what they're doing until after Orlando and all the (individual) workouts (with NBA teams), so it's kind of useless to speculate."

Yup.

Zag79
05-26-2008, 12:32 AM
In the 2009 mock draft, nbadraft.net has Pargo going to the L.A. Lakers with the 28th pick of the first round, Austin Daye going 13th to Portland, Josh Heytvelt 49th (second round) to Cleveland and Micah Downs 57th to New Orleans.

gonna be great watching these guys do work this season. :D