• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spudzag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Potential Center - '09

Don't know if this means anything, but thought I'd throw it out there. Martell Jackson list Gonzaga but doesn't mention us in this Rivals piece.

At 6-foot-10, 260-pounds, Martell Jackson is a force to be reckoned with on the basketball court. The Rivals.com three-star center prospect from Brighton (Colo.) High averaged 12.1 points, 10.9 rebounds and 2.4 blocks per game as a junior last season.

Jackson shot 56% from the floor last season. "Martell has great footwork and great hands," explained Brighton head coach Dan Lliteras. "His work ethic is also what helps set him apart from most high school basketball players. He does a great job of spending time in the off-season on improving his game. He does footwork training about seven or eight months out of the year.

"He is also an excellent rebounder; he can pull the ball down. When that boy gets that body of his moving, look out because he is going to dominate the lane."

On the recruiting front, things are starting to get a bit hectic.

"We've had letters and calls from 40 different Universities regarding Martell," Coach Lliteras said. "He is still pretty open. We had that conversation yesterday. I asked him if he had narrowed anything down and he said he still has his options open. I told him that we need to start narrowing it down, maybe to a top 10."

Oregon, Indiana, Iowa State, Weber State, Nebraska, Kentucky, Colorado, Colorado State and Denver are among the colleges that have shown interest.

"I'm looking for a college that will give me a chance to play and help me improve my skills," Jackson said. "I think I'm going to wait until my senior year to do anything."

• BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

Zag coaches have scouted him. That's about it. Must not have been overly impressed.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

Working...
    X