PDA

View Full Version : New three point line

ZaggyStardust
05-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Does anyone know if the new three point line has been put in place in K2? Methinks the guys need lots of practice from the new distance!

BobZag
05-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Someone should know. I'd think Krause made sure the new stripe is on now but............

I'd like to know what colors the two stripes are? Green? Blue? The women kept the old line, you know.

zagco
05-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Zagco thinks the old line is fine for the ladies. He's seen enough chicks play ball to believe it is an appropriate distance. For men, it was a joke. A total joke.

zagporvida
05-17-2008, 05:24 AM
the new line has been in for awhile, before i knew the rule was changed i was able to ask will foster why we had two lines on the court and he told me it was for the new 3 point line.

ToreroStudent
05-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Since when is there a new three point line? I must have missed this somewhere, but that explains the taped three point line that we now have in our practice gym. It's all coming together!

Akzag
05-17-2008, 01:26 PM
It has been in the works for years, but the Rule Committee (belatedly, IMO) finally approved the adjustment beginning with the upcoming season.

Fwiw ... the "pre-season" tournaments such as Maui and Orlando often implement different rules for experimentation purposes. Those rules are often in the "exploratory" phase by the NCAA. After the tournament, I believe that feedback is sought from the participating teams and that information goes back to the Rules Committee to tweak, or not to tweak.

cair3
05-17-2008, 01:32 PM
last time i was in there they had the new line but it was not a perminante line it was tape. It was white. It actually was pretty difficult to get used to not stepping on the line when shooting threes.

ps. LG has been shooting well from three with a set shot. I'm not saying that this will translate to the game because it is much harder to come in warm and be comfortable to shoot when you dont consider yourself a shooter, but its nice to see he has the confidence to take and make em when playing with his teammates.

will the woman use the new line or old line?

Radbooks
05-17-2008, 01:37 PM
The Women will be using the old line.