PDA

View Full Version : Butler is falling

RebornZag
03-06-2007, 06:30 PM
They're down by 9 with 11 to go. A lot of teams are going downwards now and I think Butler is one of them. I think Butler has peaked, and they peaked early. Gonzaga is just beginning to peak now. This was one factor that kept me positive all year, just knowing we "at least" hadn't peaked early. Peaking at the end of the season is very important when talking about the BIG DANCE. That's why the committee takes a look at who's hot NOW. Our stock is going up IMO....Lenardi is '"WRONG" and I doubt if he's seen us play. I think most of the analysts haven't. They low view of GU is created because we loss Josh. And to me, obviously we are playing better now then ever before this year....I won't say we're a better team without Josh anymore 'cause it has mad some mad, but we are playing better.

Other teams who are not playing as well, IMO. Washington State, Georgia, Boston College, Duke, Indiana, and more......

Rubbadub
03-06-2007, 06:37 PM
Butler and Wright State are tied now with 6:18 left...just an FYI

sanfranzagsguy20
03-06-2007, 06:42 PM
most analysts (particularly espn guys) judge off of the unc game (a breakout performance by us and particularly by josh against hansborough) and those other espn games (ie nevada, duke, virginia, georgia) where we were beaten...i cant say i blame them...but i am pretty confident that we can compete against anyone in america with the team we have now after watching us nearly take down memphis...but i think its important to have some perspective...although we are playing great basketball right now, portland, usf, usd, and santa clara are nowhere near the quality of opponent(s) that we'll be facing come tourney time

brasszag
03-06-2007, 06:49 PM
I think Santa Clara would be good enough to give any team a rough time... but I think a little rest to shake off the remnants of the flu bug that swept the team, a few days for Sean's ankle, and Pargo's quad to heal and strengthed, some (a lot) of FT practice, and some just plain old rest will do wonders.

Also with less hanging over their heads with every game being Do-or-die for the GU NCAA streak, I think they'll sleep a little better at night, since (to mangle Raivio's words) the streak didn't end on their watch.

These guys are getting better every game right now, and their confidence looks high. Not being defeated in your mind before you even get to the arena is worth an awful lot.

RebornZag
03-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Wow!!! What a beautiful game...God, I love college basketball. Wright State hasnt been to the dance since '93, and were they ever happy...Graves just missed so many shots that he certainly made at the beginning of the year. He looked tired. And I"m sure he is. He's carried a pretty big load this year. I think he's been a great player, but they (Butler) don't have the balance the Zags now do. I think Gonzaga has become such a balanced team in the last month. The flex offense is built on balance. You can not now focus on one or two players on the Zag team. We have 4 - 5 guys on the floor at all times that can hurt you if you overplay at all....

drnoe
03-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Bill Edwards was Wright State's star back in '93...he ended up having a cup of coffee, I believe, in the NBA. Other than Edwards, Potapenko is the only alum from WSU to play in the NBA. DaShaun Wood has a shot to play in the NBA. Welcome back to the fold, WSU. Somebody on an earlier thread asked which game the Zags would like to play again...I opt for the Butler game. Butler is clearly a team on the decline right now...the Zags are peaking.